By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - poor Electronic Arts...

disolitude said:
JGarret said:
disolitude, you´re a Survival Horror fan, just like me, right?...What´s next for us to look forward to?

After playing the Resident Evil 5 demo I am worried that there isn't much left. Don't get me wrong...RE5 will be amazing but not scary, or engaging atmosphere and story wise. Thats an action game. Possibly Alan Wake... this new Dantes Inferno game from EA...I'd like to see more about that.

FEAR 2 willbe pretty scary even though its an action shooter. Anything else?

Fatal Frame (February in Europe). Cursed Mountain looks very promising.

RE5 is a bit dissapointing I must agree. Alan Wake I have very high hopes for.

Around the Network
disolitude said:
JGarret said:
disolitude, you´re a Survival Horror fan, just like me, right?...What´s next for us to look forward to?

After playing the Resident Evil 5 demo I am worried that there isn't much left. Don't get me wrong...RE5 will be amazing but not scary, or engaging atmosphere and story wise. Thats an action game. Possibly Alan Wake... this new Dantes Inferno game from EA...I'd like to see more about that.

Are you in the UK? Fatal Frame IV comes out in Europe. =/

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

JINX!!! BENGA YOU OWE ME A BEER!!!

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

@disolitude

Hey man, so you played the demo...it´s been a LONG time the last time I saw or read anything related to RE5, so I´m completely out of the loop....tell me, why is it everyone is considering RE5 an 'action' game and calling it 'Gears of Evil 5'?

senortaco said:
JINX!!! BENGA YOU OWE ME A BEER!!!

Say it out loud: I'm Dutch and I'm proud!

Around the Network
senortaco said:
disolitude said:
JGarret said:

Are you in the UK? Fatal Frame IV comes out in Europe. =/

He is from North America, I can tell you that much.

I personally want Fatal Frame IV myself as well as FEAR 2.

I really hate double posts! Also I think we went off topic.

Maybe they shouldn't launch new IP's against MS's and Sony's big titles??

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

That sucks for them.

JGarret said:
@disolitude

Hey man, so you played the demo...it´s been a LONG time the last time I saw or read anything related to RE5, so I´m completely out of the loop....tell me, why is it everyone is considering RE5 an 'action' game and calling it 'Gears of Evil 5'?

Because that's basically what it is. Ok, you can still not run and shoot (thank goodness) but other than that it's RE4 x 10 (and I don't mean the quality, but the shooting). Loads of ammo, pretty crappy AI.

The game looks absolutely great and I'll definitely buy it cause I want to know the story, but where RE4 had a certain feel to it that made it horror, this demo at least didn't.