By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Can Sony get enough content in Home to make it intersting come Dec. 24 - 25

I was just thinking about this at work tonight. Last weeks release of the Home Open Beta was a nice step in the right direction, but it was not without its problems. Many things were promised that were supposed to expand the survice beyond what was in the closed beta, but all we ended up with was a new central plaza. This lead to a lack of content, and consciently a lack of intrust, and fulfillment. Now my question is, can Sony inject enough content into by christmas to interest family members of PS3 owners. Thanksgiving and Christmas are very important to electronics thanks to people showing off their new toys. I am sure that their will be more people than me giving the whole family a tour of Home, but with the current content I don't see it catching that big of an audiance. However, add in a couple more game rooms with some interesting mini games, along with the Red Bull space, and finally the new stores in the mall and perhapps it may reach a bit further. So is it possible? Can Sony make Home interesting in time for christmas? What are your thoughts?

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

People were saying that they would add MS2, Uncharted and some other area from some Japanese developer which had a lot of little games (and the redbull one), so they should be coming soon.

If those WKC has a built-in social system-talks are true, maybe that's another reason why home was released, so that it could get tied in with WKC?

I know at my house everyone is pretty interested in Home as it stands right now. We are looking at it for what it is, and that is a brand new product that is only in its final stages of its beta phase. It will be very interesting to see how others take to it. I think if all the things we were promised last Thursday show up before Christmas Sony will have a very interesting product out on the market that will catch more than a few people attiontion.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

By Christmas? That's way too early. I think it'll be a few months before Home really turns into somethin big (assuming it can get big in the first place). We'll probably get a few minor updates, but I just don't see anything really important coming so early.

It'll probably be even longer before they can get casuals interested in Home - we've already all seen what happens when some people in Home think they're talkin to a woman...

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

Simple answer no ...

Around the Network

High-end weather control with of course snow...

I think it's pretty interesting already, everytime I go on it I usually spend more then playing Home then I do games. It's really fun playing all those mini games and interacting with people.

What kind of extras? Like full-blown humping?

No.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
What kind of extras? Like full-blown humping?

LMAO!!!!!!