By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mushroom Men Spore Wars bombed who's fault?

GameCock

Easy. When have they ever done anything truly top-tier? They're low-scale, and presumably happy where they are

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

Has anyone finished the game yet? I heard it was very short, around 5 hours. Is that true?

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

BMaker11 said:
travis said:
BMaker11 said:
This game doesn't have "Wii" or "Mario" in its title...it was destined to fail on the Wii

lol, troll spray...

But seriously there is so many exemples than game even without "wii" or "mario" can actually sell (I'm talking about The Blob, Boom blox or even Zak and Wiki). Maybe it just got lost in the huge load of games of the holidays season. What it weird is that the wii does not have that much of good core games so I though people would care more.

Call me a troll or whatever if you want to....but don't try to prove your point by using THOSE examples

Edit: btw, I would happily say a game like Valkyria Chronicles or Tales of Vesperia "bombed" on the PS3/360. Low sales are low sales.....no matter what platform a game is on. But it is kind of funny that games with "Wii" or "Mario" in it are close to if not 10+ Million sellers, and then the "shovelware" like "Game Party" and such are million sellers...but new IPs that try to focus on the core audience on the Wii do so badly.

With regard to flooding games during the holiday season, David Jaffe had some pretty insightful things to say about that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIWqetPr1xE

Ok so I guess those games are complete fails even if the developers made a good profit with em. The

The thing that I'm pointing at is not really that it is selling really bad since it is a low profile game in the holidays season. I just think than game reviewers should do a better job of covering any games of any genres on any consoles. Especially one like Mushroom Men.

BMaker11 said:
This game doesn't have "Wii" or "Mario" in its title...it was destined to fail on the Wii

That's almost fully true.

But I think the only people who even had this on their radar were wii fans hoping this would be a "must-buy" hardcore game for the wii. Although super smash bros. was probably the only one released this year.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

patjuan32 said:
kingofwale said:
Kenology said:
BMaker11 said:

Neither does "Guitar Hero" or "Resident Evil" - neither of which failed.  Go troll somewhere else!

Yes, because Guitar Hero and Resident Evil are also brand new IP exclusive for the Wii.... wait a second.

Third party exclusive title being ignored by casual audience the in absent of any Nintendo paid ads featuring "Wii would like to pay"?? Is this really shocking?

Not as shocking as Dead Space, Mirror's Edge, Burnout paradise, and Tales of Vesperia falling at retail. But no one wants to talk about that.

Or Legendary. Another gamecock game that had the makings of great success on HD consoles (shooting and hype) and yet it bombed completely.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network
ClaudeLv250 said:
patjuan32 said:
kingofwale said:
Kenology said:
BMaker11 said:

Neither does "Guitar Hero" or "Resident Evil" - neither of which failed.  Go troll somewhere else!

Yes, because Guitar Hero and Resident Evil are also brand new IP exclusive for the Wii.... wait a second.

Third party exclusive title being ignored by casual audience the in absent of any Nintendo paid ads featuring "Wii would like to pay"?? Is this really shocking?

Not as shocking as Dead Space, Mirror's Edge, Burnout paradise, and Tales of Vesperia falling at retail. But no one wants to talk about that.

Or Legendary. Another gamecock game that had the makings of great success on HD consoles (shooting and hype) and yet it bombed completely.

But if I may ask a rhetorical question... why are the fanboys so quick to point out Wii games that perform badly at retail which didn't have half the hype of Legendary but never the PS360 games that bomb?

Kenology said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
patjuan32 said:
kingofFAIL said:

But if I may ask a rhetorical questions... why are the fanboys so quick to point out Wii games that perform badly at retail which didn't have half the hype of Legendary but never the PS360 games that bomb?

i know right

Wow, lots of trolling here... seems people will pick on any chance they can get now.

Let's be honest, who cared about this game? To those blaming the core Wii owners for not buying it - would it have done better on HD consoles? To the HD console owners, would you have bought this game if it were on the PS3/360?

One thing i do not understand about publishers is why they insist on releasing games like this (new IP, relatevely strange theme) in the holiday season against heavy hitters, they are sending the games to die.

Gameres will buy games through out the year, if they dropped this games aroung june, august i know i would have picked it up to give it a try, but unfortunately right now there are other games on top of the list. Any way if it is good, i am sure it will have legs.

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Currently own- DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 DreamCast.

Man i have too many consoles..... 

Quotes to live by!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"- Helen Keller

"i am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"-Thomas Edison

"Man is not the creature of circumstancesCircumstances are the creatures of men"

patjuan32 said:
kingofwale said:
Kenology said:
BMaker11 said:

Are you referring to the games that essentially got lost in translation amongst the big holiday lineup (Dead Space and ME), the game that has sold over a million amongst the HD consoles, and probably over a million alone on the PS3 due to it being a PSN title (Burnout), or the game that I openly admitted to failing at retail (ToV).

The only thing, under those conditions, that Mushroom Men is comprable to it ToV....there were no big releases around that game on the Wii...except maybe CoD: WaW (but nobody on the Wii bought that game)....and this game is definitely not a million seller. So, what're you getting at about "no one wants to talk about that"?

The reason games like Prince of Persia and Valkyria Chronicles do badly is because Gears 2, Fable 2, Resistance, LBP, CoD: WaW, Fallout 3, etc. completely surround it. What excuse do you have for MM doing badly?

Edit: And why is this game bombing even an issue? Did anyone expect it to sell anyway?