By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Post your computer

Core 2 Duo E4300 @ 3.4GHz
ATI/AMD X1950 Pro (I'll upgrade when someone introduces a true mid-level card)
2 GB Patriot 6400 DDR
Giga-byte GA-965DS rev 3.3
XP SP2 (I'll upgrade to Vista when it has gaming performance on par with xp or DX10 proves itself)

Total cost was about $500 8 months ago and it's super fast because of the o/c. I've since added 1 TB of sata storage and a zalman cooler.

@totalwar23 You should see if you can o/c that cpu. It'll go a whole lot faster than stock speed. Half-height cards aren't any slower than normal cards. Also, try getting firefox and seeing if you are still browsing slowly.

Around the Network

CPU: Core 2 Etreme X6800
Memory: G.Skill 4GB DDR2 800
Motherboard: D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2'
GPU: EVGA 8800 GTX
Sound: Creative X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty
PSU: Seasonic 750W, SLI-Ready, Modular Cables
Operating System: XP SP2

Athlon 3400+
512 mb DDR
ATI Radeon 9600XT

...A true gaming machine))

True fighters don't wear socks.

superchunk said:
Game_boy said:
For new computers, has anyone considered waiting to see how Penryn (Intel) vs. Barcelona (AMD) turns out?

Nope. AMD is always a better choice.

Anything above $140 for a processor and AMD is sunk. Either their solution is overpriced (6000+ = E6550), or they simply don't have a workable one (E6750, E6850, Q6600, Q6700, QX6800). Barcelona is looking to be better than Penryn though.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Intel Core Duo @2.13GHZ
4 Gig of Ram
32-Bit OS
Vista Home Basic
256MB ATI Radeon X1300Pro

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
superchunk said:
Game_boy said:
For new computers, has anyone considered waiting to see how Penryn (Intel) vs. Barcelona (AMD) turns out?

Nope. AMD is always a better choice.

Errr....even in the face of the fact that Penryn (as well as the core2duo offerings) are more future proof, better performing, and better OCers?

AMD has had some great products, I'm not saying that they haven't, but processor fanboyism is even sillier than console fanboyism.

Currently built rig

CPU: c2d e6850

Mobo: Gigabyte GA P35

Ram 4GB

PSU PCP&C 750quad

VGA pair of 8800gts 320mb non-sli

Monitors - 3x dell 2007wfp

OS - vista x64, gentoo linux

Currently non-OCed might mess around later, but haven't felt like making a new block for the Prommy

"Suck on it" -vgchartz mod

Currently a laptop
CoreDuo - 2.16ghz
ATI 1600 256mb
2gb 667mhz crucial RAM
120gb 7200rpm HDD

I'm currently debating wether or not to make a new PC during the fall refresh and take my pick of an updated R600 or g80. I might just hold off till g90 and choose whichever AMD or Intel offers the best bang.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Built this September '06. *at the time* this was high-highend...

CPU- Intel Core2Duo E6600 2.4Ghz
GPU - ATI Radeon X1900XT 512MB
RAM - 2GB Corsair DDR2-800
Mobo - Gigabyte DS3
OS - WinXP SP2

I bet I can build something the same performance or better for under 2/3 of what I payed back then. Damn PC parts and their fast dropping prices...
DEFINATELY going mid-highend on my next build

crappy old school NES games are more entertaining than next-gen games.

I have a POS Acer T320, that I've upgraded.

CPU-Pentium 4 @ 3.0ghz
Ram - 2 Gig DDR
Video-256mb Raidon 98somthin/somethin
HD - 660Gig
Motherboard - No clue
OS - XP service pack 2

ihira said:
Built this September '06. *at the time* this was high-highend...

CPU- Intel Core2Duo E6600 2.4Ghz
GPU - ATI Radeon X1900XT 512MB
RAM - 2GB Corsair DDR2-800
Mobo - Gigabyte DS3
OS - WinXP SP2

I bet I can build something the same performance or better for under 2/3 of what I payed back then. Damn PC parts and their fast dropping prices...
DEFINATELY going mid-highend on my next build
E6550 (less clock speed more FSB) now $179 X1900XT $200 You could probably get that for $800 now what with the cheap memory prices.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.