By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Madden comparison: PS3 vs 360

"Personally, I really notice the difference at 100%. That could be because I spend a ridiculous amount of time playing sports games and that sort of thing catches my eye, though. It becomes extraordinarily apparent, though, when they slow the video down to 50% and 25%."

It seems that the programming difficulties of the PS3 are seriously affecting the quality of some major third party games.  Lets hope EA and others come to grip with it by next year.

http://games.gearlive.com/playfeed/article/q107-madden-nfl-08-side-by-side-ps3-and-xbox-360-comparison/

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

Actually, it's the fact that developers like EA and Ubisoft are lazy and would rather port titles from 360 to PS3. The programmers aren't using the PS3 hardware. They're basically emulating Xbox titles.

VGChartz forums: the new gamefaqs

AntiFanTard said:
Actually, it's the fact that developers like EA and Ubisoft are lazy and would rather port titles from 360 to PS3. The programmers aren't using the PS3 hardware. They're basically emulating Xbox titles.

Correct.....Developers are just lazy and just want to hurry up and send the game out and think they can make cash....and if the consumers find that its was crappy....they might just hold off on the PS3 because nobody bought Madden...its sad how no developers are taking the PS3 hardware serious...only games that are exclusive to the system are good....so third parties....

1/ since the most part of the gamers are not spending ridiculus amount of time" on this game, they will not see any difference between the 2 version.
it doesnot "seriously affect" the quality of this game ...

2/ the video is quite crappy and someone stated that the video itself "runs" at "30FPS" that doesnt allow us to see difference between the 2 game version ... is it right ?
do you think that this video doesnt reflect reallity ?

Time to Work !

It's just sad and lame. I wouldn't care less about EA but Ubi has few interesting titles...

Around the Network

I'm sick of this "Lazy Developers" bullshit. Developers are not lazy. They can only work so much because they have a job that they are paid to do. If the publisher doesn't give them enough time and money then they're not going to be able to make the game as great. You can't expect them to work without being paid surely.

You say the words as if the developers simply decided to sit and eat donuts rather than work. I'm sure none of you know about software development but the simple fact is the money has to come from somewhere and it comes from the publishers. If they don't provide enough money, then the developers have to ration it, and things like getting the PS3 version up to 60fps take a back seat to getting the 360 version looking good since that will be the version that sells the most.

So EVERYBODY, please stop saying "Lazy Developers". It just shows you have no idea what you're talking about.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

This is the same thing that happened to the Gamecube and X-box last generation. Games on both systems didn't look or run as good as they should have because they were ported from PS2. The problem is compounded by the fact that unlike the GC and X-box, the PS3 is more difficult to program games for than its competitors. This is something that PS3 owners will have to get used to. The 360 was first on the market and has the larger userbase. Outside of exclusives, PS3 games will almost always be 360 ports.

starcraft said:

It seems that the programming difficulties of the PS3 are seriously affecting the quality of some major third party games. Lets hope EA and others come to grip with it by next year.

No,bum ass developers are affecting the quality of games.

Sonys nba game is doing 1080p at 60fps, Ea just sucks. 

i agree with omgwtfbbq.
have some respect for the poor developers

I couldnt agree more with you about that bulshit lazy developers assumption! I used to work as a programmer shortly till I understood it wasnt really my cup of coffee though I still do my amateur programming.

It is all about money, time and the team size as well as some other minor factors. Do you think programming on 360 is easy with a very advanced GPU and 3 core parallel CPU? Do you think game programming at this age is easy at all? Do you think John Carmack who praises 360 and criticizes PS3 is a lazy programmer? Or not smart enough? We are talking about a genious here who wouldnt spend a day without writing programming scripts even on vacation!

So please beware, no everything is about "Lazy programmers", but more about "lazy/incompotent company managers"!

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates