By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If Sony drops the PS3 price, will the 360 continue to outsell it?

RPG said:
goddog said:
RPG said:
Which internal devs are preforming badly for Sony?

well as not having access to their financials I can not tell you. however sony should know who is costing them money in terms of development cost vs sales, and who is under performing.... they have the largest number 1st party dev teams, and in the current state of their platform something has got to give.  

another route if sony does not want to cut devs, is not to make sequels to under performing IPs

Am sure you could make an estimation looking at the sales of a game and production values, it's pretty easy to tell which studios are or are not doing well. I have not kept track of games released by first party studios but do know GT5 and GOW 3 are coming.

neither have I the man to ask is bumidan, his write ups on financials have been fantastic 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network

to OP :

I truly dont know

the Xbox360 sales are now so amazing to me ....

Time to Work !

for the first week of the price drop - maybe.

Overall no though.

I think all of these "hopes"  ps3 fans have are ridiculous. Well, they can get that way at least.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

The 360 would still be cheaper than the PS3 unless sony went bonkers and dropped the price to $100. So surely the better option would still be the 360?

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

So surely the better option would still be the 360?

That's merely a matter of opinion.

As many sony fans here have already said, they were more than willing to dish out extra money for what the PS3 has to offer ("more" in their eyes), and even some people who do not have a ps3 have said they were willing to do the same if the price dropped 50 or 100.

So the xbox with a lower price point being the better option, is not necessarily true :)

Around the Network

I think it was reported not long ago that 50% of current 360 sales have been the entry priced sku - arcade. I don't think $350 vs $199 offers a whole lot more competition.

I don0t knowm the question is hard, If the price was dropped the battle between the two would be quiet amusing. It'd be something to really enjoy. I think it won't, but a part of mesays it still could.

Point is I think at this stage Sony don't care if they come third as long as they maintain a profit...

Onyxmeth said:
blazinhead89 said:
Onyxmeth said:

It depends how much the price cut is. Are we talking $50? $100? $200? Each would likely have different results. Also are we talking about this in the terms that once Sony does cut the price of the PS3 that Microsoft doesn't follow suit?

IMO, the 360 could follow suit but seeing as IT is ALREADY Mass Market price, a further price cut wont have as big as an effect. PS3 Has yet to enjoy the Mass Market Price whereas 360 has.

That goes back to my original question. How big are we expecting this price cut to be? $50 isn't going to bring the PS3 into mass market price. Even $100 is arguable considering that PS3 has lost it's advantage as the cheap Blu-Ray player. So what do you feel will put the PS3 into a mass market price range?

i'd say it would have to be around the 300$ Mark

to be honest i think ps3 would start outselling it for a couple months and then microsoft would just drop the price again to combat it. The thing is Sony has much more to lose from a price drop (profit wise) than microsoft