By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best selling game of 2009?

Wii Fit 2? Forget a sequel, they won't be needing one (especially just a year after it releases).

Wii Fit has a damn good shot at the top game of 09, if Wii Sports Resort somehow flops (relatively). Wii Fit will have sold near 13 million this year, or about 3 million in November and December alone. It is a serious contender for 09.

Around the Network
numonex said:
Super Mario Galaxy 2 or Wii Fit 2 could be the best selling game in 2009.

oh ok so we can just assume that any game is coming out next year?

well then it'll definetely be

Wii legend of halo: Grand theft mario kart fit solid

Most of the games that will sell well in 2009 have not even been announced yet. all three companies we bring pleasant surprises upon the gaming community. More than likely a DS or Wii title will be top seller of 2009.

I think Wii Sports Resort will be bundled... but it will still sell a ton of unbundled copies unfortunately (I can't say that I want that type of game to sell millions while VC sells nothing), the only game that could compete is GT 5, but if that comes any later than summer, then it has no chance, it also needs an accompanying price cut

Wii Sports Resort. A first half of '09 release means that it'll have a decent amount of time to rack up some big numbers, similar to MK Wii and Wii Fit in '08.

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
I think Wii Fit Resort will be bundled... but it will still sell a ton of unbundled copies unfortunately (I can't say that I want that type of game to sell millions while VC sells nothing), the only game that could compete is GT 5, but if that comes any later than summer, then it has no chance, it also needs an accompanying price cut

Wii Fit Resort?

Why is it unfortunate that the game does well, though? It isn't Nintendo's fault Valkyria Chronicles isn't doing very well. The responsibility is entirely on Sega (adverts) and PS3 users for letting it happen.

In fact, being disappointed at Wii Sports Resort (of all games) sounds pretty random to me.

a new wii thing

c0rd said:
Munkeh111 said:
I think Wii Fit Resort will be bundled... but it will still sell a ton of unbundled copies unfortunately (I can't say that I want that type of game to sell millions while VC sells nothing), the only game that could compete is GT 5, but if that comes any later than summer, then it has no chance, it also needs an accompanying price cut

Wii Fit Resort?

Why is it unfortunate that the game does well, though? It isn't Nintendo's fault Valkyria Chronicles isn't doing very well. The responsibility is entirely on Sega (adverts) and PS3 users for letting it happen.

In fact, being disappointed at Wii Sports Resort (of all games) sounds pretty random to me.

Because I don't think that it looks like a very good game, and VC has been heralded as the best game of the year by some and yet it has only sold a few hundred thousand. Resort will clearly sell millions, but how hard was that game to make, and to me, it just looks like an average game, then again, I did not find Sports fun

Most likely some cheap shovelware/minigame collection.

itll be LBP or wii music

but seriously i reckon nintendo will lauch some big surprise new casual game. the wii series looks to be taking a break(at least all miyamoto's original ideas are done) so probably something completely new like nintendogs. it could be on the wii but possibly it could be the game to make use of the DSi's features but then that. only if its on wii does it have a chance of being the best selling of 2009

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia