By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

@robotechheaven ,see with no memory after all those rpg's your going to star in the next big rpg i can tell, i hope you play a bit more than 1hour of record of lodoss war,i think since you never played it you should review it,telling us how you think you would have rated it if you had played it at the time it came out and how you rate it now i stiill recommend ,Draconus:Cult of the Wyrm,and another one worth looking at if you dont own it is EGG:elemental gimmick gear.

whats under the hood of your new pc ,mine is an intel Q9550 oc'ed to 4ghz ,xfx 790i ultra sli mobo,4gb dominator 1600mhz ddr3 ram,2x1GB xfx gtx280 xxx edition cards factory oc'ed to 670 mhz, 2x 300GB wd velociraptors in raid 0 ,vista 64

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

A rpg that i recommend to you all is back from the SNES days, Twisted Tales of Spike Mcfang. It's a great rpg in which you play as a vampire prince who has to reclaim his throne, and you use cards as items, spells and such. It's an action rpg, a la terranigma, but it's really cool and had quite some graphic quality back in those days, it had some of the best sprites i've seen for the snes =)

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

@snesboy, oh. well i hope u will visit this thread more often. :)
@mjk45, i am now over 3hrs into "record of lodoss war", its so far very good game. also i got the egg game u said about i have to put my dreamcast games on my games section sometime this week.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

That depends, what types of RPGs are we talking about?

@snesboy, all rpg's. jrpg's,rpg's,action/rpg's,mmorpg's. doesnt matter the system, we talk about rpg's from every system,characters,story and future games. everything that u wana talk about rpg's we talk about.

Around the Network

Anyone ever play Fire Emblem 2003 for GBA?

My 2nd favorite GBA game.

@snesboy, i havent played it before. i heard about it, is it a good game.

Snesboy, you mean Fire Emblem The Sacred Stone am i right? I trully liked that game, but it was eclipsed by Golden Sun at that time, i was just playing the hell out of GS XD i had one Djinn that took me almost 10+ to get it, open world djinn's were like trying to find a needle in a haystack x_X

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Snesboy, you mean Fire Emblem The Sacred Stone am i right? I trully liked that game, but it was eclipsed by Golden Sun at that time, i was just playing the hell out of GS XD i had one Djinn that took me almost 10+ to get it, open world djinn's were like trying to find a needle in a haystack x_X

No, the one before that. The one called "Fire Emblem". Most of the FE vets identify the FE games by number. Sacred Stones --> FE8. Fire Emblem --> FE7.

Actually, Golden Sun is my favorite GBA game!

@ RTH

Yes, it is a very good game.

Guess i haven't got to play that one yet then ;). Got to try and find it. I think that the FE series are quite good, but still fall a little short of my favourite SRPG saga of all time, Shining Force.
Golden Sun and Golden Sun The Lost Age are my two favourite GBA games, followed closely by Castlevania Circle of The Moon ;).

Current PC Build