By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

Hello everyone, will be bringing back this thread with content and discussions starting Monday.
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
Hello everyone, will be bringing back this thread with content and discussions starting Monday.

I wa just thinking about this thread the other day while on this website. Good to be back mate! 

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

How did I not know? or remember such a thread as this? hits subscribe to thread button.

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

Robo's risen from the dead, all we need now is for Lestatarthas to pop up and where back in time.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Hello Peeps.

It's been a long while since I last hung around here (+3 years) :D. Glad to log back in and see that this thread has had some activity and to see some of the guys from old still around here :).

So kicking this back to gear, lately I've been sinking a huge amount of time on Grim Dawn mods. Apocalypse & Grimarillion are my favourites. I'm almost up to the 1000 hour mark in total playtime on Steam.

I'm also playing the following RPGs:

- Infinite Adventures, which is a very good Etrian Odyssey-like game on PC. It's scratching the itch until the release of EO:Nexus on February

- Vampyr. Love the setting and the story. Gameplay wise it's rather challenging if you go for no NPC blood drain, although it does get repetitive towards mid-game.

- Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem. This has all the makings of being the next big thing in ARPGs. Even though it's a very early-access Beta, the amount of content and game-play is really really good. I'm also loving the progression system, which is heavily inspired on PoEs

- Replayed The Surge after the latest DLC came out. I'm completely in love with this game. The best Souls-Like outside From Software, melding the futuristic setting with the good old game-play from the Souls games flawlessly.

What are all of you playing?

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

I've got an ongoing game of Xenoblade Chronicles X. I'm a new dad though, so I think I'm fighting a losing battle.

Still need to go back to Xenoblade Chronicles X myself. I've got such a huge backlog on my Switch, it ain't even funny xD. It doesn't help that New Super Mario U Deluxe is coming out in 3 days.

New dad though, congrats :) I'm both looking forward to it and dreading it myself, but i'm glad that my GF isn't thinking about kids yet.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

I've been playing Two Worlds II for last two weeks or so. Back in days I've started it, and for whatever distraction never got too far.
So far decent game, with what's probably the best spell crafting (yes, crafting) system of any game I've ever played.

HoloDust said:
I've been playing Two Worlds II for last two weeks or so. Back in days I've started it, and for whatever distraction never got too far.
So far decent game, with what's probably the best spell crafting (yes, crafting) system of any game I've ever played.

I got both Two Worlds (Two Worlds Epic Edition & Two Worlds II HD) on sale this winter and will give them a go eventually. How's the spell crafting different in these games? 

Current PC Build

I'll be playing Suikoden I and II as soon as I finish Subnautica, and get about 80 hours into Smash. Also, this has got to be the most ancient thread I have ever seen bumped. Jesus, joined in 2008? I bow to you oh, long forgotten Elder Gods of vgchartz.