By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

i also pre-ordered final fantasy 13-2 from my game store i visit when i spend time with family in japan.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

I think abyss 3ds did good i wanted more from it but it is the first rpg on the 3ds. Also the producer of tales said he expected 250,000 lifetime sales i hope he meant worldwide. Cant wait to replay it on 3ds later this year.

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
@mjk45, just wanted too let u know i am back online on the 360 as of tonight.
also sometime around march i am hoping i can send u a demo of my game. :)

great news only 240+ sleeps to go , as for 360 online don't you mean ps3?

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
@mrt-tar, what do u think the final fantasy and dragon quest games are gonna be on the system, i think those games might be announced at least at tgs.

Well, at E3 2010, unannounced DQ and FF games were listed as being in development for the 3DS, as well as Chocobo Racing 3D (which we haven't heard much about).  The Unannounced FF is probably Theatrhythm or whatever it is called.  The DQ however is probably a remake of an older game.  For a while I've said a DQVII remake will come to the Wii, however as Square-Enix has instead decided to port DQ I-III to the Wii instead, I think VII will go to the 3DS.  I also think that mainline DQ games will alternate between handhelds and home consoles from now on, with XI probably going to the 3DS.  The 3DS will probably get a DQ Monsters game, but I don't think that will be that soon.

As for FF, I'm moving away from the idea that Square-Enix are remaking the older games, at least for the time being, especially with V and VI now on the virtual console.  We will see a new Crystal Chronicles game on the 3DS soon, I'm sure of that.  I would also like a new FF Tactics games as well, but with Matsuno gone I'm not sure of the chances of that.

As for Square-Enix in general, I think they will be moving away from their old business model that involved lots of ports and remakes.  To me, the fact that most of their games are on the Virtual Consoles and/or PSN to a degree shows this.  I don't think that it is coincidence that the last Squaresoft/Enix game to recieve a remake (Tactics Ogre) has never had it's PSX version on PSN.  Games that have been recently ported/remade have only had the originals uploaded to VC/PSN a while after the port/remake was released.  Here in Europe, for Chrono Trigger it was over 2 years and FFIV was just under 2 years.  I may be completely barking up the wrong tree, but I think the only old Squaresoft/Enix games we could see remade are those mysteriously missing from the Virtual Console or PSN.  The first ones that come to mind are Seiken Densetsu 3 and Secret of Evermore (Secret of Mana came out just under 3 years ago on the VC), or the Quintet Soul Blazer trilogy (Soul Blazer, Illusion of Time/Gaia and Terranigma) all which are absent.  I could be totally wrong, but it's just something I've noticed.

@mjk45, i mean the 360. i gave up on the ps3 all together , and moved all the assets of my game to the 360 and because of that decided to game again on the 360.

Around the Network

is anyone getting oblivion 5th anniversary edition when it releases and for what system?
i am and for the 360

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
@mjk45, i mean the 360. i gave up on the ps3 all together , and moved all the assets of my game to the 360 and because of that decided to game again on the 360.

sorry Robo, what i meant by PS3  online was the fact you said you where back online,  i never knew you where off in regards to the 360 and thought you where talking about being online with your new slim. as to gaming again on 360, why would building your game on the 360 influence your playing on your 360 ,I would have thought Games would decide that.

@mjk45, it didnt. i decided to move my game onto the 360, because after playing lost odyssey again and talking about some new ideas my company has for the game. i started to realize that the 360 system and its online area would be best suited for my game. since the game does have a online co-op mode into it, sorta like white knight chronciles but its alot closer to a mmorpg though. because i am shooting for 7 servers with different names for them like ff11. i am hoping for everyone to have a party up to 5 ppl in it and having a central city for crafting,selling,events , guilds and much more. i also am going to have 5 expansions for the game, with possibly 2 more if sales meet what we need. also will have alot of smaller expansions as well, all the smaller ones will be free, also i am gonna create a signed cover art for ppl who do pre-order the game, when the game is closer to its launch. for the online mode i am going to charge $10 a month with a 60 day trial period, as of right now. things could change as it gets closer to being finished.
all in all, i think what we are shooting for is for the game to be on 3 disks and a 4th disk to have the online mode on. i am going too have 2 control styles for the game, 1st is using a mouse/keyboard and 2nd is the xbox 360 controller with the buttons being mapped, like ff11 was and having the option of creating your macros .
anyways take care and talk to u soon my friend. :)

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
@mjk45, it didnt. i decided to move my game onto the 360, because after playing lost odyssey again and talking about some new ideas my company has for the game. i started to realize that the 360 system and its online area would be best suited for my game. since the game does have a online co-op mode into it, sorta like white knight chronciles but its alot closer to a mmorpg though. because i am shooting for 7 servers with different names for them like ff11. i am hoping for everyone to have a party up to 5 ppl in it and having a central city for crafting,selling,events , guilds and much more. i also am going to have 5 expansions for the game, with possibly 2 more if sales meet what we need. also will have alot of smaller expansions as well, all the smaller ones will be free, also i am gonna create a signed cover art for ppl who do pre-order the game, when the game is closer to its launch. for the online mode i am going to charge $10 a month with a 60 day trial period, as of right now. things could change as it gets closer to being finished.
all in all, i think what we are shooting for is for the game to be on 3 disks and a 4th disk to have the online mode on. i am going too have 2 control styles for the game, 1st is using a mouse/keyboard and 2nd is the xbox 360 controller with the buttons being mapped, like ff11 was and having the option of creating your macros .
anyways take care and talk to u soon my friend. :)

Sounds to me that it is heading closer and closer to being a full fledged mmorpg , BTW if you are succesful will you port it to PS3 and WiiU, another thing is it possible to create a  virtual keyboard using kinetic

@mjk45, one thing i forgot to mention is that i am giving ppl who complete the single player game a nice bonus , when they start the online mode of the game. i am going to encourage the gamers to play the single player game 1st to understand the story arc before starting the online mode.
about porting to the wii u and the ps3, i guess that depends on 2 factors. 1st being if we can meet the deadlines i am imposing on us on the 360 version and if that happens, then maybe. 2nd being is who i end up choosing for the publisher of the game, i am gonna pitch the game to m$ first and go from there.
my company's 1st game i want it to be a exclusive , but like i said it all depends on who is interested in the game. the other 2 games they are in the planning stages, those i havent determined which platforms that they will end up on, so those games could be on the wii u and the ps3 as well from the get go.
about using kinect i am not gonna use any motion controls for this game, the other 2 games could be used for since they arent rpg's at all.
oh, can i ask u a possible favor?