By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

actually I'm boycotting anything to do with the last story as best as one can in this day and age so the day i buy it is as fresh as a daisy.
I'm starting to get sick of games i have an interest in having the characters , game world, plot etc pretty well exposed and dissected to the nth degree, up to 12 months before said game is released , a little info doled out over time and a little bit of teasing to feed the masses interest yes, but it's getting to the point now that when a game comes out you have been told /shown pretty much every thing of interest in that game and it isn't going to abate if anything it will worsen, that is media's voracious appetite for content especially now that the Internet is more and more the preferred news outlet for most people.
So my only option is some self control

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

Anyone know if Mass Effect will ever come to the PS3?

@maxxpower it doesn' t look that way,there was a lot of speculation that EA would bring the games to PS3 when they bought ownership of bioware and with Mass Effect 2 on the way that they would quickly port the first game and multi the rest , since then though MA 2 has come and gone on 360 and no sign of any PS3 versions , my view is that they have decided to let the trilogy run it's course on the 360 and then focus on all new bioware games being multi as happened with DAO.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

mjk45 said:
actually I'm boycotting anything to do with the last story as best as one can in this day and age so the day i buy it is as fresh as a daisy.
I'm starting to get sick of games i have an interest in having the characters , game world, plot etc pretty well exposed and dissected to the nth degree, up to 12 months before said game is released , a little info doled out over time and a little bit of teasing to feed the masses interest yes, but it's getting to the point now that when a game comes out you have been told /shown pretty much every thing of interest in that game and it isn't going to abate if anything it will worsen, that is media's voracious appetite for content especially now that the Internet is more and more the preferred news outlet for most people.
So my only option is some self control

I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!!

Its so annoying nowadays, so many plot things get ruined

I think I'm gonna restrict myself to just reading about GAMEPLAY stuff, no plot stuff & MAYBE watching the debut trailer & no trailer after that!

The FFXIII trailers ruined every plot twist till chapter 9! (and the famitsu mag ruined even more!)

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

What do I want in the Last Story?

Action RPG Gameplay. If it's an Action RPG like Kingdom Hearts I'm sold. Why? because graphics look good, environments sorta has a FF XII feeling to it and characters are interesing especially the girl so the only thing left is gameplay I'll enjoy.

Around the Network

which generation for u had the most interesting and favorite jrpg's in your gaming life so far ?
i would say the playstation 2 era, as of right now. final fantasy 10,10-2,11,xenosaga,tales of games,shadow hearts,suikoden games,dragon quest 8,star ocean,grandia,magna carta,plus many more games i could mention as well. final fantasy 10 being my favorite of that era on the playstation 2.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

would anyone buy : elder scrolls 3 morrowind if it was updated and had new content for it and then released on the hd systems ?
i would , i never played a elder scrolls game before morrowind and it gave me a expansive world to explore and unquie feel, that i never got from a rpg before it. i hope it happens someday, i want more ppl to experience this great game.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

While FF6 is my favorite RPG of all time

It has to be the PS1 gen...FF7,8,9, Pokemon Gold, TLOD & more!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Favorite is easily PS2 era (>SNES > PS1 > DC)

We started getting completely awesome JRPG localizations (they were still a bit scarce in the PS1 era). Things like Atelier series, Ar Tonelico Series, Shadow Hearts Series, SMT: Nocturne, SMT: Digital Devil Saga, Skies of Arcadia, Tales of the everything + Many Many More.

I cannot count Suikoden and FF in here tho (first Suikoden 3 is my favorite game period and FF 7-9 > FF X-XII as far as Im concerened).

Also Persona 3/FES + 4 > 1 and 2 from the PS1.

Tho the PS1 did have Parasite Eve(So excited for info on the new one!) and Chrono Cross, I still have to give it OVERALL to the PS2.

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
which generation for u had the most interesting and favorite jrpg's in your gaming life so far ?
i would say the playstation 2 era, as of right now. final fantasy 10,10-2,11,xenosaga,tales of games,shadow hearts,suikoden games,dragon quest 8,star ocean,grandia,magna carta,plus many more games i could mention as well. final fantasy 10 being my favorite of that era on the playstation 2.

This one's easy for me, SNES generation by a long shot. 

Although the PS1 era had some good RPG's, like Xenogears, Legend of Dragoon, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Castlevania SOTN, Grandia, Shining Ark, Final Fantasy VII, Granstream Saga, Alundra, Kouldelka, with Parasite Eve leading the way; SNES generation to me was simply superior.

Lufia 2, Terranigma, Earthbound, Dragon Quest V, Final Fantasy VI, Illusion of Gaia, Story of Thor, Phantasy Star IV, Breath of Fire II, Bahamut Lagoon, Chrono Trigger, Shining Force II, E.V.O, SoulBlazer, Secret of Mana 2, Secret of Evermore, Star Ocean, Tales of Phantasia...the list goes on

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"