By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

@ROBOTECHHEAVEN

I hope you enjoy Chrono Cross the way I did. Make sure you get "Glenn" on your team because later on he becomes way awesome and can do "something" that no other in the game is capable of.

I don't want to spoil anything so that is all I am going to say.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

well here we get screwed up when it comes to videogames and electronics, each new PS3/360 game is about 70 euros, which is almost 99$, and a bundle for a 360 is 280 euros, almost 395$, while PS3 goes to 400 euros, 564$ :/ lot's and lot's of saving, or having some connections within stores are is what keeps me from going bankrupt at the end of each month XD

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

^ RPG's have ruined my life financially.

Ever since I first experienced FFVI and became hooked all my spare cash has gone to RPG after RPG.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

The same goes here :D My girlfriend kills me everytime i go to buy a new RPG, i swear that she's more jealous of them than other women

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

^ Sounds like my girlfriend.

"I swear, you spend more time on VGChartz and your stupid RPG's then you spend with me."

Currently playing:

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
@Xen

I have much experience with the Lunar games. I have "Lunar:Silver Star Story Complete", "Lunar 2:Eternal Blue Complete", a remake of SSSC on GBA although Nash' story and introduction was changed quite a bit.

Excellent games, something no RPG fan should miss out on.

That's why I'm fighting this bidding war =P

@lestat: Finally Israeli and European retail prices are the same =P

We had expensive PS3 games since the console came here, new arrivals are roughly 75-85 Euros.

^Poor Xen. I avoided that hassle by picking them up like 8-10 years ago.

Currently playing:

Euphoria14 said:
^ RPG's have ruined my life financially.

Ever since I first experienced FFVI and became hooked all my spare cash has gone to RPG after RPG.

Same here. Christ, it's like some curse. Ever since FFX it became my favorite genre. All spare game money has been going to JRPG's. Recently I have much more of it, my library should increase substanitally... PS1 JRPG's are next in line.

Euphoria14 said:
^Poor Xen. I avoided that hassle by picking them up like 8-10 years ago.

Lol, I just bought my PS1 roughly 10 years ago. I was very little then and wasn't JRPG/imports/ebay concious.

^ It's allright Euphoria14, they don't understand xD i'm a recent poster myself, but i used to visit the site way back when the 360 was released, so she has been bugging me for quite a while :P

I've also played the GBA of Lunar SSSC, but on emulation only (busted GBA and no DS still T_T) i found the new introduction of nash and it's story way different, i liked the ps one better

Current PC Build