By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
in a thread made today, apparently square-enix is asking fans as to what ps1 classics they wana see put on psn next, what would your top 3 be ?

1st - Parasite Eve
2nd - Xenogears
3rd - Dragon Quest VII 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

@lestatdark, nice choices

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

what is the toughest boss u have ever faced in a jrpg game ?
my choices would be diamond,emerald,ruby weapons from ff7.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

Hmmm, out of the top of my head, some very tough bosses in JRPG's are:

- Omega in FFIV (JP version)
- Cyrex on Super Mario RPG
- Ashura on Vagrant Story
- True Eve on Parasite Eve
- Zodiark on FFXII

I didn't find neither of the Weapons on FFVII hard, because they have too many exploits that make them easy. Emerald could be easily countered with W-Magic + Quadra Magic + Demi3 on a character and Mime on the rest, doing 8 attacks for 9999 damage in 1/5 of the time it would take for a KOTR summon to do 13 attacks for 9999 damage. Since you'll have 3 or 4 materia equipped tops, his most damaging attack, Aire Tam Storm, won't do much damage. 

Ruby was also extremely easy if you had the Dazers item, since he was vulnerable to Paralysis. Just start the battle with a single character alive, use Dazers and then Revive the rest of the party, the rest is just smooth sailing xD 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

i didnt find any of them hard particularly, nor have any of the weapons in FF games been that hard just some took awhile.

Zodiark i haven't faced yet as i got annoyed at FFXII threw the controller across the room and went back to completing the Arena in FFX and never went back... will go back tomorrow though and finally finish and complete FFXII.

I think the toughest boss i have faced is Nemesis in FFX even with full str, def and mag def and Luck stats in the 150 region, his Ultra Spark still hits for 32k on people with 25k at most health, just such a pain. Another particularly tough battle was against Sin (Head) in FFX aswell, not that a boss with 100k HP would usually be difficult it was that you had 5 turns to do it in otherwise BOOM!!! the world is destroyed... and not being able to hit over 9999 yet was a nuisance. 

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

Around the Network
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
has anyone tried the game trine from psn out yet? and if so, what does it play like ?

I played Trine on the PC.  It is a great deal of fun.  The control scheme seems perfect for a console game too (wish I knew it before I bought it for the PC).  It is reasonably short (cannot remember how long it took me to beat it off the top of my head) but has pretty good replayability (many things you can do multiple ways)

As far as SE classic release:

1) Chrono Cross

2)Parasite Eve 1

3)Parasite Eve 2

mitsuhide said:
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

i didnt find any of them hard particularly, nor have any of the weapons in FF games been that hard just some took awhile.

Zodiark i haven't faced yet as i got annoyed at FFXII threw the controller across the room and went back to completing the Arena in FFX and never went back... will go back tomorrow though and finally finish and complete FFXII.

I think the toughest boss i have faced is Nemesis in FFX even with full str, def and mag def and Luck stats in the 150 region, his Ultra Spark still hits for 32k on people with 25k at most health, just such a pain. Another particularly tough battle was against Sin (Head) in FFX aswell, not that a boss with 100k HP would usually be difficult it was that you had 5 turns to do it in otherwise BOOM!!! the world is destroyed... and not being able to hit over 9999 yet was a nuisance. 

The trick to defeating all the super-bosses on FFX is to have at least 255 STR and Speed/Agility, Quick Hit and Auto-Life ability for all your party members. 

Quick Hit, with 255 Agility, allows you to get up to 30 strikes on Nemesis with all your characters, before he can even do a single attack. Just let Auto-Life take care of the healing, cast it when needed and then resume to use Quick Hit.

I defeated even Penance using that strategy. 

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
mitsuhide said:
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

The trick to defeating all the super-bosses on FFX is to have at least 255 STR and Speed/Agility, Quick Hit and Auto-Life ability for all your party members. 

Quick Hit, with 255 Agility, allows you to get up to 30 strikes on Nemesis with all your characters, before he can even do a single attack. Just let Auto-Life take care of the healing, cast it when needed and then resume to use Quick Hit.

ahhh Auto-Life, completely amazing yet overlooked ability as you learn it so late on, i completely forgot about it, thank you lestatdark :D

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

mitsuhide said:
lestatdark said:
mitsuhide said:
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

ahhh Auto-Life, completely amazing yet overlooked ability as you learn it so late on, i completely forgot about it, thank you lestatdark :D

You're welcome

I learned about the wonders of Auto-Life through necessity. I only knew that in order to get Anima, you had to do all the puzzles in each of the Cloysters, when I was on Djose Cloyster >_<

So Besaid being the only one that I hadn't done, I went back there, after defeating Yunalesca. You can imagine my face when I got to fight Dark Valefor >_>

So I farmed a lot in Monster Arena, especially from Fenrir (he dropped 2 Speed Orbs for the Sphere Grid or 4 in rare cases), so when I had at least 160 Agility I also had Auto-Life on all of my party xD 

That was a true life saver. 

Current PC Build

mitsuhide said:
@ Hikaru
considering i have only played Dark Cloud so far even though its absolutely awesome and i have just got Dark Chronicle to play afterwards i can't really say but i can say that Level5 is becoming one very very impressive studio and would you recommend White Knight Chronicles?

Yes I recommend WKC it is a good game and the online is awesome the Single Player Story mode is not as good as the previous offline JRPGs  LEVEL 5 have made but as a total package WKC is a solid 8/10.

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku