By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Hey cool I just noticed some polls on the front page! What a cool idea (I take full credit)...

Around the Network

yeah, but this one is a little confusing. What is 'holiday season'. I always assumed oct-nov and Halo3 will sell a lot in Sept, but not nearly as much the rest of the time. SSBB being released on Dec 3. That is perfect.

And uh...I can vote multiple times apparently...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Well let's see...gimme a min...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Oh ok, it was just a coincidence hehe. The options remain of course, so I was curious and clicked my choice again...and it went up a single number...I did it again, and it went up again...must have been a coincidence that someone else was voting at the same time, cause it doesn't do it anymore hehe.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

Around the Network

Where's the accreditation? was totally my idea

would be cool if we were also to choose what the poll for next week will be?

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

ioi said:

Ah good

Yeah, votes should be unique

I, too, was confused and thought you could vote multiple times.  It might be good to show the results if you've already voted, rather than showing the options.

I could resurrect the thread where I suggested this feature, there should be some POTW ideas there.

A site of this size should do "daily polls" rather than weekly. If you, like me, visit the site pretty much every day, it gets annoying to see the same poll again and again. Unless someone is cheating the scores don't generally change much after 24 hours. If the poll is up for too long it might encourage vote stuffing, I'd imagine.

I want you!

I'm sure a lot of members don't visit the site every day. You need to allow time for people to get their votes in. Plus, you try coming up with 365 interesting polls every year. :)