By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Disgaea 3 outsells ToV in America

are you honestly trying to tell me that metacritic and sales are related? Please say you aren't.

Around the Network

@ Torillian

Whatever dude, I am not going to convince you in anything. I am just tired of people constantly searching for excuses why PS3 RPGs underperform, and at the same time assuming that PS3 is a definite RPG console. Unless there is a proof for that people should just shut this topic.

and I'm sick of people using a flawed comparison to say that the 360 is definitely better. We'll see after SO4 and WKC get their fair shake, as well as FFXIII on both, but until then I will continue to argue against people who refuse to recognize the obvious difference in common sales of traditional Japanese RPG's and Japanese Strategy RPG's and use it for a flawed argument.

Rei said:
@ Torillian

Whatever dude, I am not going to convince you in anything. I am just tired of people constantly searching for excuses why PS3 RPGs underperform, and at the same time assuming that PS3 is a definite RPG console. Unless there is a proof for that people should just shut this topic.

Well Disgaea 3 has done quite well for itself and we shall see if Valkyria will be able to pull out some legs.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Torillian said:
and I'm sick of people using a flawed comparison to say that the 360 is definitely better. We'll see after SO4 and WKC get their fair shake, as well as FFXIII on both, but until then I will continue to argue against people who refuse to recognize the obvious difference in common sales of traditional Japanese RPG's and Japanese Strategy RPG's and use it for a flawed argument.

So true. My favorite flawed logic is that JRPG's on 360 have sold 1+ million while the JRPG's have sold alot less. I find it funny when they forget/purposely don't mention that the 360 has that much in sales off of like 6-7 games or w/e compared to PS3's 3 or so.

Around the Network

But-but-but, PS3 can't sell RPGs.

Wow, I can't believe a SRPG on the PS3 outsold a JRPG on the 360.

Argument, pwned.

YAY!!!!

Disgaea3 for the WIN!!!!!

Hope I get some DLC soon... the JPN store is loaded

4 ≈ One

this is amazing given that disgaea 3 got very little hype and attention.

tales of symphonia dawn of the new world will pass um both

Hope Disgaea3 and Valkyria Chronicles sell very nice numbers for their genre and platform. Raises the chances of future games coming from the same genre! And even better for me, the same series :)

4 ≈ One