By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Disgaea 3 outsells ToV in America

Last week, Disgaea 3 outsold Tales of Vesperia in North America. Both titles launched in the same week, ToV had a much higher launch. But Disgaea 3 has proven to have quite some legs.

Disgaea 3 - 109k
ToV - 105k

Around the Network

...you're kidding me.

YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME.

Checked numbers now. 110k on each...

Where's Starcraft when you need him..?

Wow, thats big. Reason being because of the obvious greater 360 out there than PS3 (especially in NA) and not to mention that Disgaea 3 is IMO a much more niche game than ToV. Could that be the turn out for FFXIII in NA as well? Doubt it.

Edit: I see it as 110k as well.

fucking lol

How do you see the specific numbers? All I get is the 110k rounded number from the game pages.

Around the Network
SnakeEyez said:
Wow, thats big. Reason being because of the obvious greater 360 out there than PS3 (especially in NA) and not to mention that Disgaea 3 is IMO a much more niche game than ToV. Could that be the turn out for FFXIII in NA as well? Doubt it.

This almost proves the argument on where the JRPG fans are... being that they're both 110k... but with Disgaea 3 being more niche and the smaller PS3 userbase...

FF XIII will be the same case.

Where is Starcraft..?

I guess it had legs,I hope VC to reach that number, if Disegea can, than it should have VC.

kutasek said:
I guess it had legs,I hope VC to reach that number, if Disegea can, than it should have VC.

Yup... VC's far better.

This makes for an interesting turn around. Could it be that PS3 games have better legs than 360 ones (in certain genre's of course)?

Torillian said:
How do you see the specific numbers? All I get is the 110k rounded number from the game pages.

On the American chart, cchoose Nippon Ichi Software in the publishers list. For ToV, choose Namco Bandai (you could let the site only show 360 games to make it easier to find the game).