By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WII GAMES LIBRARY

HD consoles are better at selling certain genres compared to Wii. It's big in America but look at the Call of Duty: WAW sales 360/PS3 vs. Wii. Wii version got raped

Around the Network

While Wii's game library is pretty good, its nongame library is even better.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Ok let me ask this, whats the point of making good AAA games that appeal to you gamers, when stuff like BABYZ, HANNAH MONTANA, and tons of casual oriented games sell well on the wii by the millions, whats the point in wasting your time to make a good game "Zack and wiki, No more heroes, etc.." When its going to sell well below expectations, and why not just make something that costs you nothing, and is going to sell millions?

mM
Lurker said:
HD consoles are better at selling certain genres compared to Wii. It's big in America but look at the Call of Duty: WAW sales 360/PS3 vs. Wii. Wii version got raped

yeah right. that is one game that of course mainly was tought for the hd consoles, but when devs finally understand the wii and start making tought originally for it. they will succeed. and what  you said is partially wrong. just look at the wii tie ratio in others it is higher than the ps3 or 360. a higher tie ratio with a higher install base means WAY more games sold than the other consoles. and world wide the wii sells more games.

wii 4.59

360 3.91

ps3 4.47

http://www.vgchartz.com/eweekly.php

leo-j said:
Ok let me ask this, whats the point of making good AAA games that appeal to you gamers, when stuff like BABYZ, HANNAH MONTANA, and tons of casual oriented games sell well on the wii by the millions, whats the point in wasting your time to make a good game "Zack and wiki, No more heroes, etc.." When its going to sell well below expectations, and why not just make something that costs you nothing, and is going to sell millions?

look. the games will start selling if they are intended for the wii. the ps2 wa full of crap as well. barbie this. disney that. and lots of crap too. but as the install base grows games will start to sell. the problem is that devs are just making ports to the wii. they were not prepared. but that wil start to change with games like dqx that is originally thought for the wii. I can asure you that if dqx had been announced first for the ps3 it would not do so well on wii, cause it woud be a port.

Around the Network
leo-j said:

look. the games will start selling if they are intended for the wii. the ps2 wa full of crap as well. barbie this. disney that. and lots of crap too. but as the install base grows games will start to sell. the problem is that devs are just making ports to the wii. they were not prepared. but that wil start to change with games like dqx that is originally thought for the wii. I can asure you that if dqx had been announced first for the ps3 it would not do so well on wii, cause it woud be a port.

the wii's library is going to get better. theres already many good games to play for hours on the wii. not everyone can afford to buy all the games they want like myself.

hallowedbeeddie said:
Lurker said:

yeah right. that is one game that of course mainly was tought for the hd consoles, but when devs finally understand the wii and start making tought originally for it. they will succeed. and what you said is partially wrong. just look at the wii tie ratio in others it is higher than the ps3 or 360. a higher tie ratio with a higher install base means WAY more games sold than the other consoles. and world wide the wii sells more games.

wii 4.59

360 3.91

ps3 4.47

http://www.vgchartz.com/eweekly.php

Funny that you always use OTHERS data.

1. They're not complete.

2. Use a chart were the Wii has sold the most units: America, or are you afraid, because it has the lowest ratio there ?

Well you could also try the Worldwide charts.... Oh wait it has the weakest tie ratio there as well