By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why the heck do people group the Game Boy line together for sales???

So does this mean when i bought the graphics expansion pack for the N64... I bought a new system?

Around the Network

I thought this was a joke thread...

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

dib8rman said:
I thought this was a joke thread...

It is, just unintentional.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

I also think that the game boy color should have separate sales (yeah I know, it's just colour, like psone and ps2 is just graphics improvement =p)

I kind of agree with you about the Game Boy Colour/old GB argument.... but the rest of what you said is very obviously wrong.

The only problem with the GBC/GB thing is you can't concievably split the software up, ie there is no way of knowing how many of a game sold for the GB or the GBC. Thus they are essentially the same system, but I think there were enough GBC games only to justify it being different.

The difference between the two handhelds is the closest you can get without it just being a hardware revision though.

Around the Network

well you can see the difference, some games had a "game boy" banner, others a "game boy colour" banner.

I'm still waiting for the "I could play FFXI on my slim PS2" reply.

Tremble said:
I also think that the game boy color should have separate sales (yeah I know, it's just colour, like psone and ps2 is just graphics improvement =p)

You don't get it.  The Gameboy Color was still a gameboy with the advent of a color screen.  The PS2 was not a PS1.

The GBC is just simply a new model of the product.  The PS2 was a whole new product.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

I don't agree with you ^^I can also say that the ps2 was still a psone with the advent of better graphics.

Tremble said:
I don't agree with you ^^I can also say that the ps2 was still a psone with the advent of better graphics.

You can't play Final Fantasy X, God of War, ICO, Gran Turismo 3, Killzone or any other PS2 on your PSOne.

You can play Zelda DX, Pokemon Gold and Silver, Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Warrior I&II, Dragon Warrior Monsters, Earthworm Jim, Game and Watch Gallery, Harvest Moon 2, Megaman Xtreme 1 and 2, Pokemon Crystal, Pokemon Pinball, Pokemon Yellow, Resident Evil Gaiden, Tetris DX, Turok 2, etc. on your Game Boy brick.