By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will you people stop whining ? Jeez

PS3 seems to be selling just fine to me. And I keep getting awesome exclusives and multiplats left and right.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
Killergran said:
Jordahn said:
NiKKoM said:
It's actually threads like these that make it worse.. cause haters are gonna say: "but this year you had LBP, MGS4 and RESISTANCE 2...." JUST DON'T CLICK ON THOSE THREADS AND ENJOY THE GAMES ON ANY FREAKING SYSTEM THAT YOU HAVE!!

Actually, youre the one who's making it worse by trolling by making that quote. LBP, MGS4 and R2 were all great games. It was great for PS3 owners and gamers while for some it would be a reason to buy a PS3 as well as the games the OP mentioned. Nothing wrong with that. Please stop trolling.

But what NiKKoM says is true. A post like the OPs is flamebait. The 'Wait until game x' or 'Wait until pricedrop' arguments are always beaten down the same way by the haters. It just makes the argument more infected to have another thread like this.

I still do not think the PS3 is doomed, but things are looking rather bleak right now. Sony can turn it around. It's not going to be easy, and it will require a bit more than 6 great exclusives at this point, but I think it's still manageble. What bothers me is the amount of people that simply cannot see how bad the situation is, and are saying that 'everything will be fine, just wait and see!' (just restin').

The PS3 is in trouble (The parrot is dead) and the fanboys (person selling the parrot) simply refuses to admit this blatant fact. The people claiming the PS3 is in trouble (John Cleese) wants to win the argument (get a new parrot) and therefore argues till they're blue in the mouth, still facing flat out denials.

Naturally, starting a denial thread like this showcasing the same evidence (Lovely plumage, innit?) isn't going to make things better. It makes for funny reading (watching) though.

For the most part, the Op stated facts while mentioning potential high profile/quality PS3 exclusives.  Nothing wrong with that.  If you have a problem with it, then I can understand why you see it as flaimbait because you had to post an opposite negative reaction to it, i.e. trolling.  You just said "I still do not think the PS3 is doomed" and then you said "The PS3 is in trouble (The parrot is dead)" implying opposite POV's in a dishonest attempt to come off as being neutral.  Any gamer can tell you that the PS3 being in "trouble" will not somehow magicly stop it's games from being worthy of gaming enjoyment.  I could claim that you post was flamebait because I responded to it, but I'm not going to vainly justify it.  Please stop trolling.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Jordahn said:
Killergran said:
Jordahn said:
NiKKoM said:
It's actually threads like these that make it worse.. cause haters are gonna say: "but this year you had LBP, MGS4 and RESISTANCE 2...." JUST DON'T CLICK ON THOSE THREADS AND ENJOY THE GAMES ON ANY FREAKING SYSTEM THAT YOU HAVE!!

Actually, youre the one who's making it worse by trolling by making that quote. LBP, MGS4 and R2 were all great games. It was great for PS3 owners and gamers while for some it would be a reason to buy a PS3 as well as the games the OP mentioned. Nothing wrong with that. Please stop trolling.

But what NiKKoM says is true. A post like the OPs is flamebait. The 'Wait until game x' or 'Wait until pricedrop' arguments are always beaten down the same way by the haters. It just makes the argument more infected to have another thread like this.

I still do not think the PS3 is doomed, but things are looking rather bleak right now. Sony can turn it around. It's not going to be easy, and it will require a bit more than 6 great exclusives at this point, but I think it's still manageble. What bothers me is the amount of people that simply cannot see how bad the situation is, and are saying that 'everything will be fine, just wait and see!' (just restin').

The PS3 is in trouble (The parrot is dead) and the fanboys (person selling the parrot) simply refuses to admit this blatant fact. The people claiming the PS3 is in trouble (John Cleese) wants to win the argument (get a new parrot) and therefore argues till they're blue in the mouth, still facing flat out denials.

Naturally, starting a denial thread like this showcasing the same evidence (Lovely plumage, innit?) isn't going to make things better. It makes for funny reading (watching) though.

For the most part, the Op stated facts while mentioning potential high profile/quality PS3 exclusives.  Nothing wrong with that.  If you have a problem with it, then I can understand why you see it as flaimbait because you had to post an opposite negative reaction to it, i.e. trolling.  You just said "I still do not think the PS3 is doomed" and then you said "The PS3 is in trouble (The parrot is dead)" implying opposite POV's in a dishonest attempt to come off as being neutral.  Any gamer can tell you that the PS3 being in "trouble" will not somehow magicly stop it's games from being worthy of gaming enjoyment.  I could claim that you post was flamebait because I responded to it, but I'm not going to vainly justify it.  Please stop trolling.

I'm sorry you think of it as trolling. I really did not intend it as such. I'll never dispute the quality of games for the console, and I really wish Sony to pull through this rough patch, as I expect them to. Also, those seem to be some really good games coming up. What I dislike is the infected mood these current PS3 is (anti-)doomed threads whip up.

What I am seeing is yet another 'Sony will do fine' post with pics of exclusives that immideatly connects to the current flamewar. And in that light there are no redeeming qualities to the opening post, since it follows the basic pattern of all the other threads and discussions - only this time with an insultive thread title. I understand that you are of a different opinion.

I will do my very best to stop trolling and turn this into a nice discussion.

This is invisible text!

Jordahn said:
NiKKoM said:

Actually, youre the one who's making it worse by trolling by making that quote.  LBP, MGS4 and R2 were all great games.  It was great for PS3 owners and gamers while for some it would be a reason to buy a PS3 as well as the games the OP mentioned.  Nothing wrong with that.  Please stop trolling.

Say wut? Alrighty then... guess you didn't understand the reason of my post... and instead of calling people trolling.. please go play a game and enjoy it...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Max King of the Wild said:
stof said:
The problem Staude is that the longer one console sells poorly while the competition sells well or fantastically is that it starts to dry up the pool of potential PS3 owners. Mr.Stickball made a better post about it than I ever could (or maybe it was sqrl), but isn't just a case of the PS3 eventually meeting the conditions to sell fantastically.

Last gen 200mil consoles sold

gen before that 175 mil

gen before that 90 mil

Gen before that 70mil

point? there are still a crapload of console purchases out there

Yes there are, and they're quickly leaving the PS3 behind. That 175 generation you speak of saw two consoles sell well under 30 million units. Why would we expect this gen to see three consoles all sell phenomenal numbers?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

I don't know, but aren't you part of the problem by giving " OMG PS3/SONY is DOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMED" attention?..

I really don't know, but it seems like it

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

my point of this thread is that every 5 minutes a new "sony is doomed because they are doing worse then their opponents this hollyday" thread seems to pop up. The only thing i wanted to do was to remind people that things arent AS bad as it is claimed. Not saying it's good but it's not AS bad. That's not called whining gebx..
on the other hand it's a reminder... I didn't mean it as flamebait at all.. didn't mean it as a sony is winning thread either..

Like i said.. it's a reminder.. that things aren't always AS bad as they might seem.

Check out my game about moles ^

Staude said:
my point of this thread is that every 5 minutes a new "sony is doomed because they are doing worse then their opponents this hollyday" thread seems to pop up. The only thing i wanted to do was to remind people that things arent AS bad as it is claimed. Not saying it's good but it's not AS bad. That's not called whining gebx..
on the other hand it's a reminder... I didn't mean it as flamebait at all.. didn't mean it as a sony is winning thread either..

Like i said.. it's a reminder.. that things aren't always AS bad as they might seem.

Then, for the next time, I do suggest a less... negative title.

And I agree, all is not lost, and things are not as bad as they seem. Hell, gamecube only sold 21 million copies and I'm sure most of the owners were happy with the games for the console. Whatever happens PS3 won't sell less than the Gamecube, and it'll put the game library of the console to shame.

This is invisible text!

"my point of this thread is that every 5 minutes a new "sony is doomed because they are doing worse then their opponents this hollyday" thread seems to pop up."

Welcome to what Nintendo fans had to slog through, even today. Deal with it.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

everyone complains, dont sinlge out the ps3 cause all 3 consoles have people who complain about something.