By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - is it me or is lost odyssey hard?

I found it really easy apart from the first boss... though I did have the strategy guide to help me

I found that Gongora's cave was the best place to farm, then Temple of Enlightenment. Most of my Immortals are now about level 75, and I have done everything apart from backyard battles, and I need to find all the treasure chests!!!!!

Around the Network

According to the guide, you should be at level 28, and make use of dark crystal rings, wing rings and bio rings

Get Jansen casting winda, cooke using casting support on Ming, so she can do all wind every single turn. Make sure you have the right abilities to stop status aliements and add counter if you can.

Make sure you kill her "champion" because he can deal a great amount of damage and spread you attacks between the queen and her servants so that the queen will be busy replacing them rather than attacking you

Munkeh111 said:
According to the guide, you should be at level 28, and make use of dark crystal rings, wing rings and bio rings

Get Jansen casting winda, cooke using casting support on Ming, so she can do all wind every single turn. Make sure you have the right abilities to stop status aliements and add counter if you can.

Make sure you kill her "champion" because he can deal a great amount of damage and spread you attacks between the queen and her servants so that the queen will be busy replacing them rather than attacking you

i dont think you can use ming...

I hate LO such an annoying game. The ring system is so flawed. The attack system is luck, not skill. I played the game for 6 hours and got nowhere in the game. I got stuck on Disc 1 and gave up. The game is too complicated for me and by the way, Lost Odyssey is the only and last JRPG I will ever play in my life.
I will stick to WRPG games which are easier to play and at least complete.

Levels help, but what you need are the overpowered skills inmortals can learn from items.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network
numonex said:
I hate LO such an annoying game. The ring system is so flawed. The attack system is luck, not skill. I played the game for 6 hours and got nowhere in the game. I got stuck on Disc 1 and gave up. The game is too complicated for me and by the way, Lost Odyssey is the only and last JRPG I will ever play in my life.

LOL. Yeah Lost Odyssey is certainly no the game to start trying JRPG's. You should have tried the more simpler FF 7 or FF9. Even Blue Dragon.

Lost Odyssey has alot to remember and learn in the systems. But the systems do work and are not flawed. You obviously didnt understand them.

Best JRPG I played since FF7.

numonex said:

Strange I feel the opposite, WRPG's are way to easy to beat.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Naum said:
numonex said:

Strange I feel the opposite, WRPG's are way to easy to beat.

They can appear to be arcane and esoteric if you aren't used to them. Let me tell you one thing: I played FF7 the year it was released at a friend's and hated it. Never touched any jrpg until years later when I bought FFXII for my ps2. It took some effort until I figured out how things fell in place and I'm not a noob gamer...

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

numonex said:

You should try the Kingdom Hearts series.  They are very accessible games and are must plays IMO.  Lost Odyssey was not the best JRPG to start trying JRPGs on since the battle system is a little more complex than the typical turn based battle system.

having the right accessories to resist/nullify elementals is the key in this game.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.