By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will Ps3 sell 100 million units by 2011?

I seriously doubt the PS3 will get to 100M ever.

Its sales are starting to stall and third-parties are continually re-evaluating.

Also, the lack of B/C means that loyaty cannot be guaranteed.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
CrazzyMan said:

Something like this is possible, but only maybe by 1 year later. =)

This graph is just plain funny. Sure the PS3 is going to sell more consoles in 2009 then it did from launch untill the end of 2008.

I do enjoy CrazzyMan's chart ...

On the 2008 prediction alone the Wii will be several million units above their prediction (and the PS3 will be several million units below their prediction). If you demonstrate a complete inability to predict a few months in the future, why would anyone take your 5+ year prediction seriously.

i think the ps3 will do it but not as fast as your saying

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

JHawkNH said:
I'm sorry, but the PS3 will not sell 100million by even 3011.

[/Thread]

^^^ LOL...ps3 is waiting you to beam it up scotty!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network
scottie said:
JHawkNH said:
I'm sorry, but the PS3 will not sell 100million by even 3011.

[/Thread]

Breaking news: Ten Year Plan to be replaced by Sony's new 1000 Year Plan;)

The one saving grace of that chart is that they expect the Wii to sell 30million consoles in 2009, that's 2.5 million a month.
I think that's a little on the low side, but wouldn't surprise me if that's the conservative Nintendo forecast.

Never argue with idiots
They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience

I think it will be at 60 million by the end of 2011. Possibly a little higher. 100 million is completely ridiculous.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Only if it comes bundled with free crack.

Speaking of, what kind have you been smoking?

Even at peak the PS2 sold what? 20 million a year? You'd need to sell over 25m per for the next three years, with your price still well over the $199 mark in 2009, and two strong competitors with lower prices in front of you.

Lol according to CrazzyMan's chart, the Wii will sell 30 million next year, the PS3 20 million and the 360 just 5 million. At the end of 2009, the PS3 will have sold more than the 360 at the end of 2012.

Lol.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective