By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will Ps3 sell 100 million units by 2011?

If SONY drops the price to $145.95 next week then you bet your ass it will!!!

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

I did say "logical" sales model.

At $149.99 as of next week, SCEI would go bankrupt well before it hits 100 million.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

CrazzyMan said:

Something like this is possible, but only maybe by 1 year later. =)

Wait, where's this graph from?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

HELL NO! It's already 2 yrs in its life and is still $400 with only 18M sales, you expect 82 Million in 3 yrs?!

PREDICTIONS:
360 will outsell PS3 YTD for 2008. (CHECK!)
360 will have the best showing at E3 & TGS in 2009
2009 will be another year for the 360 over PS3
End OF 2009 SALES :: 360 - 40M;  PS3 - 30M; Wii - 70M

NJ5 said:
CrazzyMan said:

Imaginationland of course. Where logic and sensibility stay far away from but crazzyman takes vacations there.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Around the Network

I like it how the PS3 keeps basically constant sales every year but the other two consoles drop off exponentially already from the first year.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Viper1 said:

I did say "logical" sales model.

At $149.99 as of next week, SCEI would go bankrupt well before it hits 100 million.

I know. I was just telling the OP the only way I think SONY would be able to sell atleast about 27M units for each of the next 3 years. And as we all know, or atleast should know, PS3 getting Cut to 150$ anytime b4 2012 sounds like crazy talk.

4 ≈ One

TWRoO said:
Sigh.

Where is superchunk when you need him.

The PS3 has almost zero chance of ever reaching such a figure, and if that tiny chance did come to pass it still couldn't make it anwhere near 2011.

Listen to this man!

NJ5 said:
CrazzyMan said:

CNet or somesuch, I believe. And like I said earlier, this is the corrected version. The Wii somehow sold negative units in 2012 in the original one.

Why are so many people under the impression that the PS3 will stop selling in 3 years? Look at the damn PS1 and PS2. If these are anything to base the PS3 sales time frame on, and they are, the PS3 will sell well into the PS4's lifetime meaning not necessarily that it will reach 100 million but that it can sell easily for the next 5 years. By that time the price will have dropped significantly and it would not be absurd to think that then it could approach that magic number.

*first *

Don't Worry.....Be Happy