By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why Reistance 2 just isn't comparable to Gears .

OK I've been playing a lot of resistance online and campaign. It is a great game and adds a lot of small touches, however the gameplay adds nothing to FPD genre in general. I mean it doesn nothing groundbreaking which is why Gears is a much more polished and a better game overall IMO.

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

Around the Network

resistance is awesome

btw gears got it's cover system from killzwitch. Nothing revolutionary about it.

Check out my game about moles ^

Staude said:

resistance is awesome

btw gears got it's cover system from killzwitch. Nothing revolutionary about it.

But what game had a better and more smoother cover system? Anyway I haven't even heard of killzwitch.

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

From what I heard R2 is an awesome game with great graphics but what makes the success of GeoW2 is the bigger hype and that X360 is more succesful than PS3 as a console. Plus shooter games always sell more on X360 than any other consoles.

ultimate_123 said:
Staude said:

resistance is awesome

But what game had a better and more smoother cover system? Anyway I haven't even heard of killzwitch.

Gears of War 2 is a sequel. It adds a lot of improvements over the first one, but it is in no way revolutionary. The main differences are grenade sticking (no doubt taken from Halo or some other game), an overpowered chainsaw (which is great in campaign but a nightmare online), and a glitched up shotgun. You also get to choose between walking incredibly slow or having to do a shuttle run and bonking your head into walls (and thus cover) like a mad cow. If Gears 2 had major differences from the first one, it might have been groundbreaking. But it really hasn't.

Around the Network
atma998 said:
From what I heard R2 is an awesome game with great graphics but what makes the success of GeoW2 is the bigger hype and that X360 is more succesful than PS3 as a console. Plus shooter games always sell more on X360 than any other consoles.

Its got good graphics, not great. Its a great game, just not groundbreaking like everyone was making it out tobe.

well thats your opinion. Mine is Resistance 2 is the GOTY 2008. it is amazing.

The real reason they aren't comparable: One is a TPS the other is a FPS.

/thread

coolestguyever said:
well thats your opinion. Mine is Resistance 2 is the GOTY 2008. it is amazing.

R2? GOTY 2008? That must be a joke! There is so much more titles who can be GOTY before R2... GeoW2, MGS4, SSBB, Fable 2,...

@CGI:

Next time, try playing Hardcore or Insane. You won't be able to chainsaw anything without dying.

I love nubs who rush at me with a chainsaw online, they just get their head popped.

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*