By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony sold 1 MILLION PS3 in November!

CrazzyMan said:
GTAIV08 said:

wow 1 million people buying a dead console in recession? ps3 is dead for sure.  imagine if sony cut the ps3 price to $199 for just 1 week. i would love to see the numbers then.

wow, atleast somebody got the point and is not a blind troll. =))

Come on, it`s a MILLION, why you are not happy people? Just because other consoles sold more? And YET, PS3 did 1 MILLION consoles in November, probably will sell another 2 MILLIONS in December. ;)

@heruamon, i  only say, that the most expensive console today sold 1 MILLION in November. =)

Why are you not appalled?

1 million is a nice figure, but you have to put it into perspective. Yours, for instance. In your sig you have a prediction of 25 million PS3 by the end of 2008. If Ps3 sells 2 million in december, you will be 5 million off! And likely the PS3 won't reach 25 million more than half a year after your prediction!

I'm feeling sad for the hurting the PS3 is getting right now. It's sad that Sony is doing so bad.

This is invisible text!

Around the Network

crazzyman is probably the blindest fanboy in this entire site... look at the sig for god's sake

bugrimmar said:
crazzyman is probably the blindest fanboy in this entire site... look at the sig for god's sake

You should have seen the stuff he's removed because they were so wrong.

bugrimmar said:

Thats why hes the craziest!!!

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

CGI-Quality said:
@ NJ5

The more you post, the more I realize that I was initially wrong about you, and I totally agree with that. It's that everyone and I do mean EVERYONE initially expected better from PS3, and as “thx” posted especially since the console has the word “Playstation” in it. I don't think PS3 is dying either, but if it does not make SIGNIFICANT headway in 2009, while it is now even further behind 360 (7 million units to be exact), then I hate to say this as an AVID Sony fan but Sony Playstation will LOSE this gen and take a big loss for the first time in it's life. Sony has lots of work to do if they plan to at least snag 2nd place, but at this current rate Sony will lose for the first time. For Sony and it's fans, besides the victory of Blu-ray and games like MGS4 and the awesome LBP, this is NOTHING to celebrate :(

Ouch it must hurts to finally admit it...

Around the Network
Killergran said:
CrazzyMan said:
GTAIV08 said:

wow 1 million people buying a dead console in recession? ps3 is dead for sure.  imagine if sony cut the ps3 price to $199 for just 1 week. i would love to see the numbers then.

wow, atleast somebody got the point and is not a blind troll. =))

Come on, it`s a MILLION, why you are not happy people? Just because other consoles sold more? And YET, PS3 did 1 MILLION consoles in November, probably will sell another 2 MILLIONS in December. ;)

@heruamon, i  only say, that the most expensive console today sold 1 MILLION in November. =)

Why are you not appalled?

1 million is a nice figure, but you have to put it into perspective. Yours, for instance. In your sig you have a prediction of 25 million PS3 by the end of 2008. If Ps3 sells 2 million in december, you will be 5 million off! And likely the PS3 won't reach 25 million more than half a year after your prediction!

I'm feeling sad for the hurting the PS3 is getting right now. It's sad that Sony is doing so bad. 

I have ONE word for you - CRISIS.

Come on, man, PS3 is the MOST EXPENSIVE console on the market. Of`course during CRISIS it won`t do as good as a CHEAPER competitors. =)

Yet, CRISIS won`t last forever. And PS3 is going to have a PRICECUT next year. :) 

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

atma998 said:
CGI-Quality said:
@ NJ5

The more you post, the more I realize that I was initially wrong about you, and I totally agree with that. It's that everyone and I do mean EVERYONE initially expected better from PS3

Ouch it must hurts to finally admit it...

Go back to the start of this year and carefully read the business plan Sony unveiled for the current fiscal year. Then check the numbers and (probably very slowly in your case) your mind will start to realise that the PS3 is selling almost exactly as the business plan says... go figure.

Now life sucks for Sony bcause of the worsening economy and the ability of MS to sell boatloads of XBoxes - life can be painful but so be it. And obviously, next fiscal year will be even more problematic for Sony as more and more divisions run into trouble and MS will continue to sell boatloads of XBoxes (at even greater losses than now) so life sucks^2 for Sony. If that gives you all the pleasure you need, so be it.

I wish people could be more accurate when then talk about the Ps3 and its price. Something like this

"PS3 is not selling as much as the 360 because at $400 dollars it is not the best Value proposition"

Its not that the PS3 couldn't sell more at $400, its the fact that to some people its not the best VALUE. Apple is selling more iPhones/Month that sony is selling PS3's, because people can see the iPhone have better VALUE.

When Sony does drop its price, the arguement will still be there, Does the XBOX360(which will also be at a lower price) offer me better value?

People also have to remember that the price of standalone BLU-RAY players will drop faster than the PS3 pricing, making the XBOX360 perceived value higher as time goes on

Predictions JAN 08

2008 PS3-19.5M(actual 19.5) XBOX360-23M(actual 27.5) Wii - 37M(actual 45.8M)

End of 2009 PS3-27 25M XBOX360-30 35M Wii - 48 63M (revised DEC 08)

Price Point
Mid 2008 Wii $250 Xbox360$249 Xbox360(HDD)$299 PS3 $399

Mid 2009 Wii $189 Xbox360$199 Xbox360(HDD)$249 PS3 $339

Mid 2010 Wii $ 149 Xbox360$159 Xbox360(HDD)$199 PS3 $289

it certainly does not take much to please crazzyman... lol

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Nidan said:

I wish people could be more accurate when then talk about the Ps3 and its price. Something like this

"PS3 is not selling as much as the 360 because at $400 dollars it is not the best Value proposition"

Its not that the PS3 couldn't sell more at $400, its the fact that to some people its not the best VALUE. Apple is selling more iPhones/Month that sony is selling PS3's, because people can see the iPhone have better VALUE.

When Sony does drop its price, the arguement will still be there, Does the XBOX360(which will also be at a lower price) offer me better value?

People also have to remember that the price of standalone BLU-RAY players will drop faster than the PS3 pricing, making the XBOX360 perceived value higher as time goes on

o rly ?

dammmm....i didn't know that.........how many iphones are out there btw ????????????