By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why I think the next wii won't be successful until 2015

I think we can all agree that casual gamers buy the wii right?

And we can all agree that casual gamers don't want to spend a lot of money on video games right?

So why would they buy another console so quickely?

They don't care for graphics and they are happy with the first wii.

I think they will mostly wait for a price drop for the wii2 before it will take off in sales...

Just a thought, what do you think?

Around the Network

ops...I forgot to put wii2 in the tital...

Different thought:

Why would Nintendo be in a hurry to launch a new system before the market is ready for it?

What Khuutra said--if you were smart enough to think of that, they were, too. Trust me.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Wow.

Having given up on denigrating the Wii, haters have moved on to declaring Wii 2 to be a failure before it's even announced. That's... that's something, all right.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

For the first time in vgchartz history you open a good thread.
IMO Wii2 will be a success console but will not dominate the market as the current one. I have to agree with the most you said!!!

Assumptions are not very good without any information.

We just have information that Wii is doing great, so we should assume it will do at least good.

Using your post info, I will think people would want the latest, hip, technology and would get a Wii 2. Think of it like a Ipod or Iphone, so many 'generations' (changes) to them and but still sell. We might see a PS2 to PS3 effect if you are right, Wii2 doing poorly at start since people will be satisfied with Wii.

if they bundle hello kitty games and Wii dance party games with the Wii2 then they have a winner right there!

Playing Assassin's Creed and Resident evil 5 <3

I dont want to be fanboy anymore...Why? it takes to much work but i will call on ppl on there B.S!!!:)

~flame said:
if they bundle hello kitty games and Wii dance party games with the Wii2 then they have a winner right there!

Who's this guy?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
~flame said:

Who's this guy?

rick astley!

Playing Assassin's Creed and Resident evil 5 <3

I dont want to be fanboy anymore...Why? it takes to much work but i will call on ppl on there B.S!!!:)