By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So Home is just about what I expected...

Very interesting OP.

Glad to hear I won't miss much.
I do not plan to download HOME.

Old tech, old design. Useless for me.
I don't care for The Sims Online.

My PS3 will stay clean and efficient.

My Gaming Setup

Around the Network

Wow, I totally expect this from Twestern. You're a hard person to please. I don't recall you liking anything Sony has to offer? I mean it's free and it's on a free ps3 u got last year. Geez, it's a harsh world you live in.

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

a lot of posters on this site would make fearsome food critics.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

WOW, this is EXACTLY my experience.

(minus the people asking about jesus, but people were swearing at each other the entire time I was in the theater, and they would pop lots of text boxes up to block the screen)

Plus, it was a humorous read, so more points for your review.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

I sorry guys, yes this is a beta but it's been like 3 years in development. At this point aside from stress issue due to huge influx of users, I wouldn't expect most of those issues. In fact, I wouldn't expect any. Not being able to bowl for example is stupid. That's taking the virtual world way to close to the real world. The real world can blow at times, a virtual world never should. And there's so many ways around that problem (instancing like in Guild Wars for example) that I'm surprised to see it exists at all.

Still, everything here can be fixed. So not the end of the world or doom for Home. But assuming everything worked perfect. Is this is curiousity piece you'd visit once or a social dynamic world you'd want to visit all the time?

Around the Network
Neoraf said:
Very interesting OP.

Glad to hear I won't miss much.
I do not plan to download HOME.

Old tech, old design. Useless for me.
I don't care for The Sims Online.

My PS3 will stay clean and efficient.

Yeah and u will live longer too. If this was coming from another user i would say thats only an opinion, but from you, hehhe you are only the worst PS3 hater here...Ur opinion doesnt count...at the end home its free and something that all happy haters seems to forget, its a beta.

Get a life Troll

meh I like home atleast it's free

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I wonder if they're ever going to release numbers as to how many participated in this beta?

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Kantor said:
What they should do in the full release is add servers. That should help ease the strain, something like WoW.

I haven't downloaded Home yet. I'm afraid to. I'll wait a few days until they've ironed everything out.

Nah. I'll go do it now.

Sony is a little short on cash and servers for their free service cost money.

Doesnt sound too hot at the moment...

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot