By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So Home is just about what I expected...

Good thing it's an open beta version. It will help to iron out the bugs and frustrations.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
twesterm said:

Bowling Alley

First thing I notice when I enter the bowling alley are the many pool tables.  I like pool, that could be fun!  I click on one...occupied.  I click on another...occupied.  I try all the rest of them...occupied.

Ugh, fine, I see an arcade so I'll play a game.

Same thing, they are all freaking occupied.

Fuck, whatever, I'll bowl.  Oh, wait, no, all freaking occupied!

What the fuck Sony?  I don't want to wait to play games.  It's not fun to sit and watch people play pool, ice breakers, and bowl.  It's fun to play pool, play ice breakers (I assume), and bowl.

Ya, it was the same problem with the Closed Beta but it is to be expected. To make a Alley large enough to give everyone a place to play something would take basically a map the size of the island in Crysis.

Fuck off bowling alley, I'm done here for now.  But wait!  I see a TV screen with nobody around.  I quickly run my barefoot self over there, click the TV screen, go full screen, and watch a blank screen.

This is because all screens are streamed media. You should have waited a moment and something would have loaded.

Home, I'm taking away the previous two points I gave you.

It's not like I was playing with everyone who was playing Home.  If I was I'm pretty sure it would have been much more crowded.  I'm guessing they have many servers.

Anyways, if all games are full they should at least give you the option to go in some sort of instance.  It wouldn't be too far fetched to have a room off to the side that's a private billiard room and bar, private arcade room, or private bowling alley than you can invite friends to.  There's no excuse to wait to play a game, that's just horrible design.

RolStoppable said:
Your post contained a "booyah", so it was full of win. I always appreciate your anti PS3 rants, because they are totally honest which is evidenced by the heavy use of the f-word.

The amount of f-bombs is directly related to the amount of beer I've drank.  Haha! Something you like is a direct result of beer!  Booyah!

I'm on now and it actually is performing pretty good. I think this is such an ambitious undertaking that is will take time.

But I think its a good start.

Good post, some may think you're biased but its hard tot hink even those happy with home right this minute won't get bored with it in a few days! and what is up with waiting to play all those games ........

Around the Network

I am glad that I have no desire to download Home.

Xbox fanboy maybe?

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

twesterm said:
ssj12 said:
twesterm said:

Bowling Alley

First thing I notice when I enter the bowling alley are the many pool tables.  I like pool, that could be fun!  I click on one...occupied.  I click on another...occupied.  I try all the rest of them...occupied.

Ugh, fine, I see an arcade so I'll play a game.

Same thing, they are all freaking occupied.

Fuck, whatever, I'll bowl.  Oh, wait, no, all freaking occupied!

What the fuck Sony?  I don't want to wait to play games.  It's not fun to sit and watch people play pool, ice breakers, and bowl.  It's fun to play pool, play ice breakers (I assume), and bowl.

Ya, it was the same problem with the Closed Beta but it is to be expected. To make a Alley large enough to give everyone a place to play something would take basically a map the size of the island in Crysis.

Fuck off bowling alley, I'm done here for now.  But wait!  I see a TV screen with nobody around.  I quickly run my barefoot self over there, click the TV screen, go full screen, and watch a blank screen.

This is because all screens are streamed media. You should have waited a moment and something would have loaded.

Home, I'm taking away the previous two points I gave you.

It's not like I was playing with everyone who was playing Home.  If I was I'm pretty sure it would have been much more crowded.  I'm guessing they have many servers.

Anyways, if all games are full they should at least give you the option to go in some sort of instance.  It wouldn't be too far fetched to have a room off to the side that's a private billiard room and bar, private arcade room, or private bowling alley than you can invite friends to.  There's no excuse to wait to play a game, that's just horrible design.

I believe they are planning on allowing you to buy the games for your virtual homes. While i agree that they shouldnt limit use of the games I understand why they did it. If there is a giant orgy of people standing in the arcade areas, around the pool tables, and all over the bowling alleys it would look insanely stupid.

BTW, was the chess games all filled at the Mall (second floor).

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Jackson50 said:
I am glad that I have no desire to download Home.

you really should consider trying it. It is free so why not?

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

That OP was grade A funny

Good show