By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So Home is just about what I expected...

I'm with you Twestern. Oh well, like others said, I'll just not use Home. I'll save the money I'd waste in Home and play Blu-Rays, like Iron Man and Dark Knight, and Killzone 2 and be happy! =)

Around the Network

i'm wasn't expecting a beta to be awesome, but i wouldn't have minded if there was something to actually do (or at least interesting to do).

not interested in watching promo vids (i'd rather just log onto the internet).
not interested in waiting in line to bowl (i'd rather just spark up the wii instead).
not interested in buying virtual clothes or furniture that's better than what i have in real life.
not interested in hounding virtual girls... who are probably guys.

not too sure what else it has to offer. i don't know of many free mmo but i think they would have been better off if they just bought maplestory (well, it's a mmorpg) and added some kind of lounge (other than standing on top of crates trying to sell or trade wares).

clicky

maybe home is bad, but is the best by far, ms and nintendo cant get close to this

Dammit Twesterm I was gonna post that!

Is it representative of your experience?

Around the Network

HAHHAHAHA, I immidiately thuoght of this thread when I saw that posted.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

LOL that's so awesome. I dunno, I found with tweaking the facial structure, You can make a character look super happy :D Like... almost drugged :) It's friggin awesome!

I think I'm one of the few that didn't sign into home to play minigames :P Maybe I'm weird.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

lol @ Twesterm.

Ok, first of all it is still a BETA. Second, once you download the scene its done. So the major areas are a one time download. The first time you get on it can take a little bit to download everything. When they do update that area you will have to download again, but it only takes about a minute. I know because I was in the closed beta for quite awhile.

There was a glitch when trying to enter the apartment space from the plaza yesterday. Hitting start and bringing up your control pad would allow you to go directly to your apartment....even though you were stuck.

Also, hit start then go to Home Spaces. From there you can go to the Uncharted and Farcry spaces. They will have some more spaces soon.

I would give it some time before passing final judgment. It is leaps and bound better than anything Nintendo or Microsoft have right now.

Whats funny to me is the fact that there are too many options. If there weren't enough, that would be the complaint. There is a lot of content coming up in the near future in regards to different game spaces and the like. Now that its public, Sony will be releasing a lot more a lot faster.

@All calling Home a beta.

Can we stop with this? It has released to EVERYONE! Most betas aren't 100% available to the entire audience. Even if we are going to call it a beta, it will never see a full "release", so this is the full release. The only thing that will happen from here on out is rolling updates. Much like Google's Gmail is still in "beta" after nearly 4-5 years and many updates. This is the release of a program that was in development for quite some time and saw many previous betas that were only available to a select amount. This is no longer a beta by the common use of the word.