By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Regarding NIN music used at Guantanamo Bay for torture

Question to ppl here who are against this-Would you rather have them tied up and beat the hell out of for answers? That is what almost every other nation besides the US does and is far more productive. Most kill the families (or fraud this action via looped tv) if they don't talk. Why should music be considered harsher?

This is war not a game of Chance.  People die and rules are bent.  If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen; most certainly, the terrorists would love to fry you.  Out.

Around the Network

huh, dude that is exactly what happened. You think they just played music?

Did you know the photos indicated that the CIA, who were involved with this, had copied torture tactics from revolutionary guerilla's in Sth American jungles?

You become the wolf to catch the wolf right? Some would argue that committing any human rights abuses at all is never justified, i think the US used to say this since they created the UN Human Rights convention following the natzi's and WW2.

BTW, it was the anniversary of those very laws yesterday, happy birthday to 60 years of ignoring the UN and hiding the real truth from everyone.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

The Useless Nations were created in large part from a followup to Wilson's League of Nations. It is a useless and redundant gesture that only bottlenecks progress with debate and ppl talking to hear themselves talk.

Now i get the Bush avatar. Listen carefully. The majority of americans just voted indicating they are actually interested in international accountability and diplomatic solutions instead of bombs.

Do your research and remember, again, it was the US that started the UN.

Of course since then the US have, through manufacturing evidence for Iraq, proved your point, that it is incapable of producing results. Well the results that some of you wanted, Iran's got nukes, Iraq's got nukes, Korea's got nukes, etc.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

megaman79 said:
Now i get the Bush avatar. Listen carefully. The majority of americans just voted indicating they are actually interested in international accountability and diplomatic solutions instead of bombs.

Do your research and remember, again, it was the US that started the UN.

Of course since then the US have, through manufacturing evidence for Iraq, proved your point, that it is incapable of producing results. Well the results that some of you wanted, Iran's got nukes, Iraq's got nukes, Korea's got nukes, etc.

Diplomacy=/=the same result as action.  You can talk until you're blue in the face and still not get anywhere.  Diplomacy is a fine art and you have to know the opposing party inside out.  Like now.  You are a Dem who opposes the Bush admin vehemently and states the results of past years.  N. Korea is cooperating with us.  Iraq is a new democracy and Iran will be hindered by diplomacy to give up its ambitions.  Still, if the Iranian sanctions fail and they do expand territiorial aggression and forced threats against Israel with more than words than the US will be there to back the Israelis up.  Trust me, Iran is being squeezed by operatives and black ops including PSYOPS while we speak.  Their proxy war gave them that.

Around the Network
Neos said:
wfz said:
His music is that horrible?

Dang.

Shut the hell up, thank you.

Sorry, I was being completely sarcastic, I really love NIN music. I should have made it more obvious that I was kidding.

That's quite an insult to Trent Reznor...I'm sure Trent is happy we have elected a Democrat to the White House though.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

It wasn't just NiN shitload of other bands and artists too .....

http://www.rapbasement.com/eminem/121008-eminem-dr-dre-and-tupac-are-among-many-artists-whose-music-is-used-for-military-torture.html

United States military interrogators often blast music at detainees in Iraq, Afghanistan and Guantanamo Bay as forms of torture. According to the British law group Reprieve, the top songs used include 3 tracks from Eminem including "Kim," "The Real Slim Shady" and "White America." Legendary rappers Dr Dre and Tupac made the list along with rockers Aerosmith, Rage Against The Machine, Metallica and Nine Inch Nails.

Artists are now fightings back. On the 60th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, musicians are uniting to join the Zero db (zero decibels = silence), a project launched today by Reprieve, a charity representing over 30 prisoners in Guantanamo Bay. I suggest that they level Guantanamo Bay, but they keep one small cell and they put Bush in there ... and they blast some Rage Against The Machine," Tom Morello said, the guitarist for band. For more infomation, visit www.ZeroDB.org

Music Used By Military For Torture

• AC/DC - Hell's Bells
• AC/DC - Shoot to Thrill
• Aerosmith
• Barney the Purple Dinosaur - theme tune
• Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive
• Britney Spears
• Bruce Springsteen - Born in the USA
• Christina Aguilera - Dirrty
• David Gray - Babylon
• Deicide - Fuck Your God
• Don McLean - American Pie
• Dope - Die MF Die
• Dope - Take Your Best Shot
• Dr. Dre
• Drowning Pools - Bodies
• Eminem - Kim
• Eminem - Slim Shady
• Eminem - White America
• Li'l Kim
• Limp Bizkit
• Matchbox Twenty - Gold
• Meat Loaf
• Metallica - Enter Sandman
• Neil Diamond - America
• Nine Inch Nails - March of the Pigs
• Nine Inch Nails - Mr. Self-Destruct
• Prince - Raspberry Beret
• Queen - We are The Champions
• Rage Against the Machine - Killing in the Name Of
• Red Hot Chilli Peppers
• Saliva - Click Click Boom
• Sesame Street - theme tune
• Tupac - All Eyes on Me

LOL @ Barney the Purple Dinosaur.

I can't believe the US would torture people this day and age.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

@brawl4life

yea i know, but since NIN is important for me..(and it also showed just NIN on my news)

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!