By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Iwata wants to really push Dragon Quest in western markets

“With the release of Dragon Quest IX, there are two things I’d like to make reality. The first is to build a thriving Japanese game market together with Dragon Quest that rivals the West’s. The second is to form a strong tag team to promote Dragon Quest overseas. At Nintendo, we were able to popularize the Brain Age series overseas, which was said to be unmarketable. I want to increase the number of people worldwide that understand the appeal of Dragon Quest, which represents all Japanese gaming culture…even if that only turns out to be a single person. I’m looking forward to working together with Mr. Horii and Square Enix.” - Satoru Iwata

nintendo seem to be trying really hard to improve their relationship with third parties, i wonder what help they will give and if the same will be done for monster hunter

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Around the Network

No, they're just trying to ensure that ffxiv comes to wii or it's successor.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

That's good news for SE. Glad to see Nintendo commiting to pushing great 3rd parties games for their systems.

I guess re-releases/remakes on Virtual Console/retail versions is teh way to go for the Dragon Quest/ Dragon Warrior series.

Cool hope than the DQ franchise grows in the west.

Around the Network

Omg omg omg omg Nintendo is planning on buying SE!!!! I knew it!

cool, i hope they really put their marketing muscle behind dragon quest and as well with other 3rd party games, then they can appease the hardcore wii supporters and as well as bring the casual crowd into a great series.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

You gotta link for that quote, woopah?

It bothers me that Nintendo is having to do third parties' jobs, marketing games they don't make because the makers don't take the Wii seriously enough to put in any real marketing effort.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.