By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Look how far we've come since the PS2 *teary eyed*

Alot of you are probably getting desensitised to the quality of HD graphics so i'm just going bring back the past for a little bit to make you ungrateful worms remember.(jkn)

Ratchet and Clank Size Matters PS2

Ratchet and Clank tools of destruction PS3

Gran Turismo 4 PS2

GT5:P PS3

Killzone PS2

Killzone 2 PS3

Metal Gear Solid 3

Metal Gear Solid 4

San Andreas

GTA 4

Burnout 3 :Takedown PS2

Burnout Paradise

Socom 3 PS2

SOCOM Confrontation PS3

FIFA 08 PS2

FIFA 09 PS3

Naruto Uzimaki Chronicles

Naruto UNS PS3

Star Ocean :Till the end of time PS2

Star Ocean 4 XBOX 360

Devil May Cry 3 PS2

Devil May Cry 4 PS3/360

Around the Network

If the pics would be bigger, the differences would be much more noticeable.

"You have the right to the remains of a silent attorney"

*cries*

Size Matters is a deceptive comparison, as that was a straight PSP port. You should use the first Ratchet and Clank. But I definitely agree!

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Wow. Killzone was a good looking PS2 game.

Around the Network

Honestly, all those games look almost the same to me(except mgs.) It's kind of depressing to me. Dropping Benjamins on video games. I sometimes feel like a fool. I'm going back to renting games.

@youngkid

If you own those games you would know there is a HUGE difference between a ps2 and ps3 game..

Especially Ratchet, and killzone 2 by hundreds of miles.

mM
DMeisterJ said:
Wow. Killzone was a good looking PS2 game.

It was.  Until you decided to move and 5+ textures suddenly appeared/disappeared at random.  :P

The differences become more apparent as the picutre sizes increase , I just thought i'd make 'em smaller for ease of viewing.

Gran Turismo 4 and Killzone are very good looking games I agree ,I was tempted to find crappy screenshots to make the PS3 look even better lol.

give us more comparisons!