By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who thinks FFXIV will come to wii?

I doubt it. I'm betting 10 bucks it will be a Gameboy Advance Exclusive.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
RPG said:
I have to agree with the game going on Wii 2, now that sounds very very likely. However I think XIV will make it to PS3/360 as SE are used to the hardware now so will not take as long as FFXIII to make. FF 15 on Wii 2, you heard it here first!

The only game the Square has developed for the Xbox 360/PS3 is the Last Remnant. The PS3 version is not out yet. They've also only developed one game for the Wii, Dragon Quest Swords. Square has experience with the hardware of all the home consoles.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

Khuutra said:
You're not exactly making a good argument here. At no point have you suggested that Square does anything except follow the money, even if that means releasing on weaker hardware.

At the time they released FF4 on the SNES the Genesis had a far higher install base... it wasn't untill the end of the consoles cycle that the SNES pulled away from the Genesis and yet they stayed with Nintendo... I think Square was a traditional Japanese company at the time who stuck with Nintendo untill their vision out grew the company.  Sony did well for them, but this is a new age in consoles and multiplatforming is the new thing...  brand loyalty is out... the stake of companies are at risk, but I still think that if anything they'll keep FF high end... it's always been big production and possibly keep DQ on the low end... it's never been high production value dispite being a great series.

Cueill, the SNES was always dominating in Japan

So was the Playstation

And the PS2

Do you see the parallels here

patjuan32 said:
RPG said:
I have to agree with the game going on Wii 2, now that sounds very very likely. However I think XIV will make it to PS3/360 as SE are used to the hardware now so will not take as long as FFXIII to make. FF 15 on Wii 2, you heard it here first!

The only game the Square has developed for the Xbox 360/PS3 is the Last Remnant. The PS3 version is not out yet. They've also only developed one game for the Wii, Dragon Quest Swords. Square has experience with the hardware of all the home consoles.

FFXI says hello.

Around the Network
twesterm said:
patjuan32 said:
RPG said:

FFXI says hello.

Haha... I keep meaning to pick it up... I kind of like the game, but it's patching system is crazy

I really don't think we'll see FF14 this gen.

Think about it: Earliest it will be end 2009 in Japan and then earliest June 2010 in the West. I expect next generation to start 2011 or 2012. A new Final Fantasy takes at least 3 years to develop. And in the meanwhile they still have versus to finish.

Anyway: it will not be on Wii. Final Fantasy is very much based on the graphics, so I really don't think they'll take a step backwards.

WiiHD could very well be possible though.

Shadowblind said:

right...

Anyway, I doubt it. A huge part of the Final Fantasy main series is the graphics and presentation.

so why werent the final fantasys last gen on the xbox or cube?

If it comes to a Nintendo console it'll be N6 not N5(Wii).

last gen was the only gen that we have seen less then 3 main final fantasy games, it looks like it might decrease to 1 FF title for this gen or maybe one more just before the gen ends ala FF9 and FF12, if there is another FF left this gen it will go to the wii.

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434