By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft: HOME is old tech, and doesnt touch XBL

leo-j said:
StanGable said:
You gotta give it to Sony tho, Home is probably their most brilliant creation this generation for the PS3. Regardless of how outdated it may be or whatnot, Home is the perfert world for losers that can't socially interact with people in real life. I mean, Second Life was a hit after all. I expect Home to bring thousands of losers into their service!

You are such a troll

With a terrible taste in movies, I might add.

Around the Network

I've been reading Home reviews today and they're all just blasting the service. They say that basically there is nothing to do but buy (with real money) designer clothes and furniture for your avatar. There is a bowling game, but it would be "laughed off of Wii Ware".

I talked to a couple of people who played it as well, and they said it was uninteresting. The first guy told me that he made an avatar that looked like him and no one wanted to hang out, but then he made a female avatar and he was surrounded by people wherever he went and it was obnoxious.

The biggest problem people seem to have with home is that Sony controls all of the content and as a result it is uninteresting.

eh to be honest as an owner of both systems i would kinda have to agree. The comments he made were unessary but so far to me the psn has been drastically behind compared to live and Home doesn't seem like its gonna do it for me. Thats the whole reason i get multi-plats on my 360 because live has such better online. That being said i really hope home surprises me further down the road with more developments and things added

TheBigFatJ said:

I've been reading Home reviews today and they're all just blasting the service. They say that basically there is nothing to do but buy (with real money) designer clothes and furniture for your avatar. There is a bowling game, but it would be "laughed off of Wii Ware".

I talked to a couple of people who played it as well, and they said it was uninteresting. The first guy told me that he made an avatar that looked like him and no one wanted to hang out, but then he made a female avatar and he was surrounded by people wherever he went and it was obnoxious.

The biggest problem people seem to have with home is that Sony controls all of the content and as a result it is uninteresting.

Whoa, big surprise... :D

Home will improve. Be sure.

@ThebigfatJ

I wonder how in the world they got into HOME, beacuse the servers have been down since yesterday, and are still out.

The features of home were unlocked in the 1.03 update, though the servers arent up, and Ive been in the Closed beta for a month, funny thing is you couldnt purchase a thing, Id love to know were you got your bull, I mean "Facts" From.

mM
Around the Network

Home is pointless if you just want to play games... the 360 is a UI and that's it... it's not trying to be anything more. Considering that the EQ2 models are much better I get what he's saying. Home doesn't really look like a service so much as a way for Sony to monetize their service. They have some interesting concepts in the pipe, but the fact is that if it's not going to be made into the main UI I don't see the point of even having it... they could have done a lot more with it and I think I've talked about how I felt they should have done it enough.

BenVTrigger said:
eh to be honest as an owner of both systems i would kinda have to agree. The comments he made were unessary but so far to me the psn has been drastically behind compared to live and Home doesn't seem like its gonna do it for me. Thats the whole reason i get multi-plats on my 360 because live has such better online. That being said i really hope home surprises me further down the road with more developments and things added

Live has "such better" online??

mhm...Ok tell me whats better about it.

mM
leo-j said:
BenVTrigger said:

Integrated voice chat, for one. Sony's Bluetooth solution is still a shitty idea. Plug it into the controller.

Of course, PSN has dedicated servers... IMO, it's close to a wash.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Xen said:
Usual MS babble.

Move along now!

leo-j said:

well to be honest litterally everything. The entire interface as a whole is MUCH more intuitive especially with the NXE. I'm not hateing on PSN its a comprable service just IMO the inferior one of the two. Microsoft have streamlined their online components so much that when your online the sense of community is just HUGE and they have managed to do so without offering a "second life" thing that Home is trying to be.  The party system works amazing and seriously streaming Netflix is just awesome