By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Up coming attractions in Home

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/12/10/upcoming-home-content-shown-at-london-media-day/

"Home will live or die on the strength of its content." It was good to hear these words coming from Daniel Hill, Sony Europe's Director of Home, at a media day event in London.

---------------------------------------------------
I'm just going to give a rundown of the content mentioned:

• Motorstorm apartment, based on the PR island, with a view to the festival. Will probably be distributed in a contest or event.
  • PSP-3000 treasure hunt in the event room
  • "Design your own T-shirt" which will be set for sale in the Home space.
  • "Motorstorm VIP" event, with interaction from the developers
  • Red Bull area, mini game where you fly the Red Bull plane through rings to gain points, and place yourself on the leaderboard
  • Buzz! area, with a minigame called "Buzz! Runaround" where people have to run around on the buttons of a giant Buzz! controller to answer questions and rack up points for the leaderboard
  • Motorstorm area concept shown. Will have mini game called "MotorKartStorm" and merchandise counters for buying Motorstorm branded clothing
  • Resistance 2 area concept shown, should look something like the Main Plaza, but invaded by the chimera. Might contain a team based mini game, where you will fight off chimera.
  • Content partners that were confirmed include Sega, Activision, Midway, Atari, Eidos, Ubisoft, EA Sports, Diesel and Audi
  • Trophy room is alive, but on hold at the moment. Will come in the future.
  • Home will read what trophies you have and unlock stuff in Home accordingly
  • Home will have its own trophies, though it is unknown exactly how that will work
  • Future games will have the option of giving you a message after you aquired a trophy, of what that trophy unlocked in Home
  • Greater PS Store integration is being worked, as an example: Approaching a poster for a game in Home, and being able to download the demo of the game from the poster alone
  • Cross-game invites will happen through Home, and will be made available in the future
  • Bigger clubs, cross-Home game invites and extended profiles are being worked on already
  • New updates "fairly regularly".

-----------------------------------------

Okay, this has got me really excited actually! Home might just turn out to be something I would spend time in after all (I want that Motorstorm appartment SO BADLY!)

EDIT: God damn it, I made an error in the name of the topic -_- oh well...

Around the Network

Wow, some of that stuff actually sounds really interesting. Especially the mini-games the devs are creating like 'MotorKartStorm'.

It will also be interesting to see what the 3rd parties have to offer down the line in this service.

i just hope that more people actually buy headsets. there are so few people talking there its a little sad :(

Lol Midway :D weren't they on the verge of bancrupcy?

draik said:
Lol Midway :D weren't they on the verge of bancrupcy?

Lol, true xD I guess they remove them from the list

Around the Network

if everythng is true home will be a really pleasant place to be

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

chapset said:
if everythng is true home will be a really pleasant place to be

My thoughts exactly.

I'll get excited when It's all on my system...

4 ≈ One

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/937/937186p1.html

"The official statement from the company went on to say that Home will launch with virtual environments in North America for Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and Far Cry 2 with spaces for Warhawk, Resistance, Guitar Hero, and SOCOM to follow. "

w00t, I didn't know of the Guitar Hero and SOCOM spaces!

Do thes rooms mean you can invite friends into games? Only Warhawk at the moment. 360 did this 2 yrs ago and with all games.

Ynwa.