By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What resolution is human vision?

Your eyes see waves of light, not coloured squares.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

Without my glasses? 480p.

thekitchensink said:

Are you sure they are not seeing particles of light?

@bugrimmar, you cannot equate human vision to a resolution unless you specify the distance and size.  I imagine there is a visual maximum your eyes are capable of seeing, but it is definately not measured in resolution.

largedarryl said:
thekitchensink said:

Are you sure they are not seeing particles of light?

@bugrimmar, you cannot equate human vision to a resolution unless you specify the distance and size.  I imagine there is a visual maximum your eyes are capable of seeing, but it is definately not measured in resolution.

The individual will also be a variable, perhaps listed by age or some such.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad

It is dependant on your eyesight, so I asume they are going off 20/20. As to those people who keep saying that you don't see in pixels, that is not the point. The original poster is asking how much detail in an HDTV a human eye can process.

Its kinda like how many frames per second a human eye can process.

Around the Network

How many gigs is the human brain?

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

It depends on how far you're from the TV, as someone's link shows.

If your face is glued to the screen, you can distinguish the pixels and even the subpixels (red/green/blue). If you're far enough, you can't tell 480p from 1080p.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

vlad321 said:

And what OS does your heart use?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
vlad321 said:

I think it's like 4 terabytes

And there was a similar thread about this subject a few months ago, if you go here it might give you the answer you want.