By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The November NPD Thread (USA data for 4 weeks ending Nov 29 in 6 hours)

Dolla Dolla said:
BengaBenga said:
Is dolla dolla in? I want a cool gif about the recordbreaking Novembers sales!

Sony's Response:

As a Belgian, just want to point out that we are not all like our man Jean Claude Van Damme (he liked the name because "Damme" is almost like "damage"...).

OT: Incredible Wii numbers (HW), great DS (it's from 2004!!), 360 having a v nice holiday, PS3 not that bad in pure numbers but not good compared to others, PS2 slowing down (finally...) and PSP is for me the real disappointment.

Can't wait to see what the next 2 weeks will be like. Wouldn't be surprised in Wiis start becoming v hard to find and impact its potential to have a truly monster December (ie close to 4 million which I really belive it could do). 360 and PS3 should have healthy December boosts and probably double their November totals.

Elaine: I will never understand people

Jerry: They're the worst.

Around the Network
BengaBenga said:
Mistershine said:
~flame said:
wow the PS3 did worse this year than last year. wow! Go 360...wake up sony jeez and the Wii OMG! i hate you:P

I want to point this out from the NPD report microsoft:

"With $298 million in third-party game sales in November, the Xbox 360 has generated more revenue at retail for third-party publishers than the PS3 and Wii combined this generation. (November NPD data)"

and the 360 attach rate is 8.1 that's beastly.

and this is the PS3 this year compared to last year:

Nov. 2007 / Nov 2008 = Differential
Playstation 3: 466K / 378K = -88K

That reads like the 360 made more money in software in November than the Wii & PS3 have made combined since release.

Ehm no it doesn't. It says 3RD PARTY software. Which means in overall software Wii genrerated more revenue, otherwise they'd have used that.

You're reading my post the wrong way. I was refering to the way it was worded, the fact it was 3rd party doesn't matter. It seems to imply that the 360 sold more 3rd party software in Nov than the Wii and PS3 have sold since they launched.

Esmoreit said:

What salesrecords will be broken next month?

At least two... Best selling console ever in December and best selling console ever for a year.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
Esmoreit said:

At least two... Best selling console ever in December and best selling console ever for a year.

That's right.

Some other things.

Best selling console WW for a 12 month year (jan-dec) - Wii needs 800K in week ending 15th to beat Ps2's best. Then has 3 more weeks.

Best selling video game machine for a 12 mothn year (jan-dec) - DS needs 2.6M more to beat its own record from 2007. With 4 weeks to go, it not making it is very unlikely.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

erikers said:

Anybody else notice this?

Left 4 Dead Release Date: November 17, 2008 (410,000)

Resistance 2 Release Date: November 4, 2008 (385,000)

What is going on here? Why would a multiplatform PC-centric 3rd party game that came out 2 weeks later outsell Sony's top exclusive for the holidays? Better Left 4 Dead advertising? I was always under the impression there was much more of that "internet hype" for Resistance and that usually means the games sell better.

L4D has had advertising?  I haven't seen it.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
NJ5 said:
Esmoreit said:

That's right.

Some other things.

Best selling console WW for a 12 month year (jan-dec) - Wii needs 800K in week ending 15th to beat Ps2's best. Then has 3 more weeks.

Best selling video game machine for a 12 mothn year (jan-dec) - DS needs 2.6M more to beat its own record from 2007. With 4 weeks to go, it not making it is very unlikely.

That's quite impressive for the DS, considering how high its record already was and how much sales were down in Japan year over year.

Comparison of this far into the year. Equal weeks in 07. 

Americas:

2007: 7891K

2008: 9224K

Difference: 2008 is 16.9% bigger

Japan

2007: 6461K

2008: 3285K

Difference: 3007 is 96% bigger (almost halved).

Others

2007: 9685K

2008: 14,486K

Difference: 2008 is 49.5% bigger

Total:

2007: 24,038K

2008: 26,996K

Difference: 2008 is 12.3% bigger

That's mighty impressive. Remember that year 3 was 07, and as far as I know, no 3D system has had a bigger year 4 than 3.

Oyvoyvoyv said:

Woot. 3007 is the year of the DS.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

RolStoppable said:
NJ5 said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:

Woot. 3007 is the year of the DS.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

It's okay. If you get the "change" to mock someone, you better use it.

I have become a lot better on that though. I sat down and wrote "chance chance chance chance chance chance chance chance chance change chance chance chance change chance chance many, many, many times. So now I won't make that mistake again.

@Kasz216

Actually it has been advertised pretty heavily, and Might I say the advertising has been some of the best advertising this holiday season. Short, simple, and entertaining.

And I also read on the main news page that the wii would have to sell over 2.7 milion to beat the best month for one console in the US in decembre... given these numbers it is quite likely!

November last year the wii did roughly 1.058.998
then in decembre it did roughly 1.602.307

If this novembre equals a marque up of roughly double of last year, then we can expect +3 million wii's.
Provided that supply holds up.

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->