By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft Expects They Doubled Playstation Sales in November

Euphoria14 said:
Part of me hopes the NPD numbers show a completely different scenario. Only so MS can stop with the constant shit talking.

chasmatic12 put it perfectly.

Nah, as the Source said, he has the information.  He waits until he knows he won and then declares a victory by that margin.

MS is all about talk.  They'll talk shit until the day they're supplanted.  They even talk shit when they're getting their asses kicked.

Around the Network
amirnetz said:
WiiStation360 said:

Another, "Ignore the Wii, because it is a fad."  By the time Wii owners want to upgrade, there will be new consoles coming out.

"He sure is arrogant for a company with a 13% market share in the US this year.

??? He did not ignore the Wii. He gave them kudos for delivery a different kind of experience. He said they are very successful and said nothing about "fad" or "wii owners will upgrade to the 360".

I think he is feeling pretty good about the Q4 results of the 360. Yes, 2008 started rough for the console but in Q4 they pulled out all the stops and the results are showing. Doubling the sales of the PS3 is impressive, and I think can feel good about it.

"We see a lot of data that households are buying the wii60," he said. "But at the end of the day Xbox is where they spend the bulk of time. They want entertainment, Netflix, movies, games."

People buy a Wii, but don't play it. = Wii is a fad.

"We think those consumers (Wii owners) will want to upgrade."

TheBigFatJ said:
Euphoria14 said:
Part of me hopes the NPD numbers show a completely different scenario. Only so MS can stop with the constant shit talking.

chasmatic12 put it perfectly.

Nah, as the Source said, he has the information.  He waits until he knows he won and then declares a victory by that margin.

MS is all about talk.  They'll talk shit until the day they're supplanted.  They even talk shit when they're getting their asses kicked.

That is why I try to ignore their PR statements, I guess I failed here.

This seems like the same reason why people hated Sony at the start of this gen, the obvious arrogance, although it seems as though now it is suddenly not considered to be so bad.

At least Nintendo doesn't go on a rampant shit talking spree.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Sony are experts at failing media storage formats.

Therefore the PS3 failed.

55 million lifetime sales for the PS3 is quite good anyways. Sony shuld be happy after all.

But I fink MS won.

Slimebeast said:
Sony are experts at failing media storage formats.

Therefore the PS3 failed.

55 million lifetime sales for the PS3 is quite good anyways. Sony shuld be happy after all.

But I fink MS won.

So what did the Wii do?

Around the Network

DMeisterJ

The Wii beat the PS2 I guess. Good job. But I don't like Nintento style. Xcept for Zelda games.

MS is starting to bore me.....

4 ≈ One

amirnetz said:

1. Sony "has made a very expensive product built on the promise of Blu-ray," he said. "That hasn't worked out for them. Blu-ray is clearly not the next DVD."

And while Greenberg acknowledges the Wii's successes, he doesn't seem Nintendo's console as a threat to the Xbox 360.

"We see a lot of data that households are buying the wii60," he said. "But at the end of the day Xbox is where they spend the bulk of time. They want entertainment, Netflix, movies, games."

2. "We think those consumers (Wii owners) will want to upgrade."

1.  Right there that's the problem for Sony.  The games on 360 and PS3 are 90% identical.  If you are just interested in games and will only buy one of those consoles then probability is you will go for the one that cost so much less.  If you are interested in Blu Ray then it becomes a harder choice.

2.  He makes a good point about PS3 but then has to spoil it with his stupid stereotypical view that Wiis all over the world are sitting idle, gathering dust.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

lol, i just read the entire thing... what an ass.

"Those consumers will want to upgrade..."

lol. To many people the Wii is an upgrade to the 360. They thought the traditional controller was arcane, and like the newness of the Wii's interface...

I wonder why he did not mention that the Wii outsold the 360 2-1...

cherry picking indeed. I have never liked the way MS has marketed the xbox, and this is just more of what I hate about it.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

DMeisterJ said:
Did they double Wii sales?

lol @ upgrading to 360 from Wii.

I've noticed that the last line of defence for sony fanboys is .........the wii !!!!