By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN:Console Showdown For 2008

gebx said:
They gave Gears 2 the same ratings as Buzz TV and Hot Shot Golf...

Not sure how this can be taken seriously..

Don't knock Hot Shot's Golf.  It's a great game and alot of fun.  I'd rather play that than Gears anytime.  And no, this is not sarcasm.

Around the Network

Playstation 3 list has the Game of the Year : Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (and an exclusive one at that). Nothing else comes close to it, and that's that. If there was any doubt the PS3 lineup was better than 360's this year (based on exclusives, of course and EVEN leaving OUT downloadable games: WipEout HD, I'm looking at you) MGS4 puts the balance in Sony's favor. 'nuff said.

shio said:
Barozi said:
shio said:
Barozi said:
shio said:
Barozi said:
*rolleyes* the left out PC/360 exclusive....
Left 4 Dead got a 9.0

If it's coming to more than one platform it's not exclusive...

Also where's the Wii part? It's shameless to remove the Wii section of the article.

lol this article is about games you can't play on the other console.

You can't play Left 4 Dead on the PS3 so it should be mentioned here, because it's a must buy game.

Nice try though.

The article is about full exclusive games - not "console exclusives". There also wouldn't be any point in comparing PC with the consoles because PC would easily win.

You're just envious that your beloved PC has to share so much AAA games with the 360...

I'll say it again. This article has nothing to do with the PC, so Left 4 Dead must be added on the 360 side.

I think you need to check what 'exclusive' means. The article may not have anything to with PC directly, but if you can't understand the definition of 'exclusive', it's not my problem.

And dude, PC has like 2-3 times more titles than Xbox 360. Most AAA PC titles are exclusives, unlike X360.

There you see ? Envious.

Now stop posting anything with the word "computer" in it, because the title says "console"

Technically, a PS2-compatible PS3 is the ultimate gaming machine due to be able to play 103 AAA games opposed to 82 PC titles.

haxxiy said:
Technically, a PS2-compatible PS3 is the ultimate gaming machine due to be able to play 103 AAA games opposed to 82 PC titles.

Give up. Shio will never admit, that a PS3 with BC has more AAA games.

By the way: I'll stop answering any of shio's future posts (in any thread) in 3...2...1..NOW !!!

Around the Network

why cut out the wii ? the ps3 wins over them all in the end anyways :p

Check out my game about moles ^

Khuutra said:
leo-j said:
RolStoppable said:
Khuutra said:
RolStoppable said:
Garnering a 7.9 may qualify Mario Kart Wii for the list, for instance, but really, that's a hugely disappointing score for such a quality franchise.

Then maybe you should have given the game a better score which it clearly deserved, you stupid donkeys from IGN.

It had to be said.

It is okay Rol.

They just suck at playing real hardcore Nintendo games, is all.

Yup, it's indeed okay.

The market has overruled the donkeys (not just IGN, reviewers as a whole) and is making the best Mario Kart game also the best selling Mario Kart game.

Maybe because to non hectic fanboys it isnt the best mario kart game..

I dunno. I'm not really a Mario Kart fanboy (I generally prefer Burnout and F-Zero) but it's still pretty clearly the best Mario Kart for me.

Mario Kart Wii is the best Mario Kart for me.  The others don't even come close in my opinion.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Barozi said:
haxxiy said:

Give up. Shio will never admit, that a PS3 with BC has more AAA games.

By the way: I'll stop answering any of shio's future posts (in any thread) in 3...2...1..NOW !!!

It seems you're the one who's envious, with X360 being forced to play second fiddle to PC.

@haxxiy: I want to know where you got those figures and criteria you used, because according to gamerankings, PS2+PS3 has 62 AAA titles, while PC has 171 AAA titles (not counting some of the really old games).

Metacritic, arguably the most reliable aggregate scores source.

Edit: your figures seems to be a bit out. gamerankings.com has 41 AAA PC titles and 45 PS2 (only PS2!) AAA titles.

haxxiy said:
Metacritic, arguably the most reliable aggregate scores source.

It's the most reliable if we're talking about games that actually have been rated on Metacritic. Metacritic has some big faults, such not having listed enough game reviewers to rate the games, listing almost no old games, and even not listing the less known recent games.

For PC games, gamerankings is the best source since it lists alot more PC games than Metacritic, and it shows the average rating even if the games didn't have 4 reviews.