By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN:Console Showdown For 2008

Maybe someone should search for the "real" entire article and post that on here for us you will all see that the Winner will be Wii...

Albion - Its Fun as Ballz !!!!!

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Khuutra said:
RolStoppable said:
Garnering a 7.9 may qualify Mario Kart Wii for the list, for instance, but really, that's a hugely disappointing score for such a quality franchise.

Then maybe you should have given the game a better score which it clearly deserved, you stupid donkeys from IGN.

It had to be said.

It is okay Rol.

They just suck at playing real hardcore Nintendo games, is all.

Yup, it's indeed okay.

The market has overruled the donkeys (not just IGN, reviewers as a whole) and is making the best Mario Kart game also the best selling Mario Kart game.

Maybe because to non hectic fanboys it isnt the best mario kart game..

mM

A lot of people readily disregarding the thread without even mentioning any other X360 game that isn't on the list.

leo-j said:
RolStoppable said:
Khuutra said:
RolStoppable said:
Garnering a 7.9 may qualify Mario Kart Wii for the list, for instance, but really, that's a hugely disappointing score for such a quality franchise.

Then maybe you should have given the game a better score which it clearly deserved, you stupid donkeys from IGN.

It had to be said.

It is okay Rol.

They just suck at playing real hardcore Nintendo games, is all.

Yup, it's indeed okay.

The market has overruled the donkeys (not just IGN, reviewers as a whole) and is making the best Mario Kart game also the best selling Mario Kart game.

Maybe because to non hectic fanboys it isnt the best mario kart game..

I dunno. I'm not really a Mario Kart fanboy (I generally prefer Burnout and F-Zero) but it's still pretty clearly the best Mario Kart for me.

shio said:
Barozi said:
shio said:
Barozi said:
*rolleyes* the left out PC/360 exclusive....
Left 4 Dead got a 9.0

If it's coming to more than one platform it's not exclusive...

Also where's the Wii part? It's shameless to remove the Wii section of the article.

lol this article is about games you can't play on the other console.

You can't play Left 4 Dead on the PS3 so it should be mentioned here, because it's a must buy game.

Nice try though.

The article is about full exclusive games - not "console exclusives". There also wouldn't be any point in comparing PC with the consoles because PC would easily win.

You're just envious that your beloved PC has to share so much AAA games with the 360...

I'll say it again. This article has nothing to do with the PC, so Left 4 Dead must be added on the 360 side.

Around the Network

^not that adding Left 4 Dead changes the outcome, anyway. It's just another shooter anyway.

well, it seems that the audience disagrees with IGN, as always

Ps3 is the overall loser of the gen!

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

haxxiy said:

^^ lol, a multiplat exclusive! awesome!

That's what I was going to say.

IGN gave Gears 2 a (9.5), so I am assuming this article is from a separate regional IGN,.......regardless, this is a site opinion piece for a regional website, and they are entitled to it.

The PS3 has a great library of exclusives, as does the Wii and 360, so depending on your opinion and personal gaming taste you could argue which console has the better exclusives out of the 3.

This article is based on site specific scores, that people may or may not agree with. I hate when site create articles like these because all it does is spin up fans of a particular console, and create animosity between members here on this site as well as others. Just wait until the "GOTY" articles, and other "best console choice 2008" articles start coming out. This place will be ablaze.

I will agree whole heartedly though that the PS3 has a great exclusive library for 2008. Oh, and that whole, "PS3 has no games" discussions are dismissed just as quickly as the "360 is dying" or "Wii doesnt count" crap talk generated months and months ago. I agree that the Wii gets no respect, but sales numbers and popularity will always speak louder than words!

Barozi said:
shio said:
Barozi said:
shio said:
Barozi said:
*rolleyes* the left out PC/360 exclusive....
Left 4 Dead got a 9.0

If it's coming to more than one platform it's not exclusive...

Also where's the Wii part? It's shameless to remove the Wii section of the article.

lol this article is about games you can't play on the other console.

You can't play Left 4 Dead on the PS3 so it should be mentioned here, because it's a must buy game.

Nice try though.

The article is about full exclusive games - not "console exclusives". There also wouldn't be any point in comparing PC with the consoles because PC would easily win.

You're just envious that your beloved PC has to share so much AAA games with the 360...

I'll say it again. This article has nothing to do with the PC, so Left 4 Dead must be added on the 360 side.

I think you need to check what 'exclusive' means. The article may not have anything to with PC directly, but if you can't understand the definition of 'exclusive', it's not my problem.

And dude, PC has like 2-3 times more titles than Xbox 360. Most AAA PC titles are exclusives, unlike X360.