By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Heavy Rain shots display visual prowess!

masschamber said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
masschamber said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
masschamber said:
WOw the third shot looks great, the other 3 no so much but... oh wait the third shot is from Crysis,
Why on earth do people champion the visuals of heavy rain, bland environments (why are windows always just bloom and never imagery of the outside), and never more than 2 characters on screen at any given time, hardly amazing, and the screens of single characters are even less impressive, I think there is better use of hardware than displaying very detailed single characters and every year of "lod" in cutscenes the models of the faces in Resident Evil codes veronica would exceed 2000 polygons, in gameplay far, far less.
if your going to gush about a ps3 game's visuals at least pick something that actually looks incredible with many characters, lots of action, and expansive detailed environments, like Uncharted

If you didnt like it then why post in the first place? begone troll!

Because you included a screenshot of Crysis without denoting it as Crysis, which makes your topic misleading which makes you the troll

What Screenshot? all of the above is from heavy rain so uhm fission mailed.

the bottom screen shot is from Crysis,

link

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6182906/p-21.html

http://www.gamespot.com/users/sbarkeri/view_image?id=P4YBtRgl7hqd7B_unA

Yes, yes i know, i said im sorry. for some reason the link went all twisted and took a screenshot from another area from PSU, why would a crysis screenshot be on a PlayStation website though? ...Hmmmm....odd.....

At anyrate i fixed the link its with the lady on a Motorcycle.

Around the Network
mibuokami said:
@Seraphic_Sixaxis

Those WKC screen shots are all CG, the game's graphic is NOT a strong point.

Huhh? wth? could have sworn they said atleast the 2nd one was.

Hmm...brb gonna look for In-game.

CG pics of WKC there Seraphic, as mibuokami mentioned graphics aren't it's strong point.

I would say it's unusual online modes are.

Well you guys were right, its not the best in the world but atleast it out performs TLR which is ran off the Unreal Engine 3 (AKA the latest and strongst unreal engine out), which says alot.

stovo said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
stovo said:
The screenshots look great (if they are from Heavy Rain) but PC has shown of similar graphics still

They are from heavy rain all of them.

I gotta say though White Knight Chronicles is gonna give this game a run for its money.

Those 2 screenshots are INSANE!

Woa they look real!

You mean, "Those two CG scene screenshots are INSANE!" ?

Around the Network

They are just for vidoes real time always has reduced graphics

Help I cant get my trophy card to work.

wow at the first and the 4 pic looks awesome

All but the 4th picture look bland. Uncharted 2 is miles ahead of everything.

Uncharted 2 will be awesome in graphics

Help I cant get my trophy card to work.

I'm liking the first screenshot a lot except for the guy's vest which looks like it was cut with the polygonal lasso in Photoshop.

Screen 2 & 3 are pretty bland and sterile. Screenshot 4 looks very good though.

Signature goes here!