By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Heavy Rain shots display visual prowess!

PSUNews: "Quantic Dream has released a batch of new screens for their upcoming PlayStation 3 exclusive, Heavy Rain - a mystery thriller that focuses on emotionally engaging the player through stunning visuals and gripping narrative.

Below you can find four new screenshots, courtesy of 1up.com."

Uncharted has its work cut out for it.

Around the Network

The 2nd screenshot is really underwhelming! There's something that looks almost the same in the game 'James Bond: From Russia With Love on the Gamecube'.

For the rest, they look good, but not spectacular! Mass Effect looked the same to me!

THE NETHERLANDS

StarcraftManiac said:

The 2nd screenshot is really underwhelming! There's something that looks almost the same in the game 'James Bond: From Russia With Love on the Gamecube'.

For the rest, they look good, but not spectacular! Mass Effect looked the same to me!

Just love how you point out the negatives first. but i gotta agree, the 2nd one is rather dull looking.

But no, this is far better looking then mass effect, Mass effects style is to bluky and tacky, of course these are just our opinions, the this is still an un-finshed game so we'll wait and see how it turns out to be.

I know the game will be awesome and look stunning but when people exaggerate I like to 'bring them down to Earth'!

THE NETHERLANDS

Simply beautiful. I remember Radiosity/Raytracing scenes only a couple years ago that TRIED to achieve a look like that.

Around the Network
StarcraftManiac said:

I know the game will be awesome and look stunning but when people exaggerate I like to 'bring them down to Earth'!

Lol, well i can see what you mean by that. although it wasnt me point the finger at PSU praise'n like a god.

But yeah this game "Should" turn out to be solid, course the graphics in action is just unreal, and im not talking UT3 unreal or Gears Unreal lol freaking A! n_n

Looks really nice really nice even tough I don't think it will be sooooo spectacular. Isn't that NY station on the third pic?

Those envroments look way too clean, pristine even. Like it's a completely new building and nobody has used it yet.

WOw the third shot looks great, the other 3 no so much but... oh wait the third shot is from Crysis,
Why on earth do people champion the visuals of heavy rain, bland environments (why are windows always just bloom and never imagery of the outside), and never more than 2 characters on screen at any given time, hardly amazing, and the screens of single characters are even less impressive, I think there is better use of hardware than displaying very detailed single characters and every year of "lod" in cutscenes the models of the faces in Resident Evil codes veronica would exceed 2000 polygons, in gameplay far, far less.
if your going to gush about a ps3 game's visuals at least pick something that actually looks incredible with many characters, lots of action, and expansive detailed environments, like Uncharted

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

masschamber said:
WOw the third shot looks great, the other 3 no so much but... oh wait the third shot is from Crysis,
Why on earth do people champion the visuals of heavy rain, bland environments (why are windows always just bloom and never imagery of the outside), and never more than 2 characters on screen at any given time, hardly amazing, and the screens of single characters are even less impressive, I think there is better use of hardware than displaying very detailed single characters and every year of "lod" in cutscenes the models of the faces in Resident Evil codes veronica would exceed 2000 polygons, in gameplay far, far less.
if your going to gush about a ps3 game's visuals at least pick something that actually looks incredible with many characters, lots of action, and expansive detailed environments, like Uncharted

If you didnt like it then why post in the first place? begone troll!