By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - X360 - PS3 gap now 7 million!

RPG said:
Fumanchu said:
RPG said:
Said this once and going to say it again, 360 is half the price and released a year before. NEVER write off the Playstation brand, especially when it is being outsold for a whole 3 months after a huge price cut by the competitor.

Wii has won, PS3 will easily take second place. Trust me on this, as soon as the PS3 gets a price drop and it outsells the 360 it will be "360 is doomed" and all that malarky, it's just a never ending cycle of hate. :(

Gotta ask this, for one strange reason it seems A LOT of people on this forum want the PS3 to die a miserable death. Why?

I wish everyone would stop repeating that ad nausea, sure they may be facts but using them as excuses in Sony's defence is unwarranted as it was something they had control over - besides 1 year head start doesn't translate into Sony will last a year longer and then recoup those sales in the extra year and the price will always be dearer...get used to sounding like a broken record.

But you admit that is a fact, who care if PS3 does not last a year more, it means it got the sales it did after being released a year later. This is the only time I have said such a thing so if that makes me a broken record to you, learn what is meant by that saying. ;)

Are you serious???

Around the Network
Oyvoyvoyv said:
Ronster316 said:

Crash bandicoot? Was he ever any good? I think not.......... as i said they showed us nothing in the development department for 5 years, sure, their hardware was good after ken "thief" kutaragi stole hardware ideas from Nintendo during his time there but the fact remains they showed me nothing for 5 years and got by purely on the strength of the 3rd party games they moneyhatted.

Whatever next? is someone going to say that battle arena toshinden was "good"?

Nobody is claiming their 1st party was on par with Nintendo.

Still, they had some decent PS1 titles.

GT 1 and 2.

Crash 1, 2 and 3, Crash Team Racing,

The Spyro titles.

What did Sega have on the Saturn?

The Virtua fighters

Sega rally

Can't really think of anything else.

And for Katuriagi stealing from Nintendo - if they stole from Nintendo, they can't have just copied. After all, they ended up with superior hardware.

Crash bandicoot? spyro the dragon? ha ha ha ha ha come on and naming only 2 saturn games is just sad.

So we have GT 1 & 2 (both 5 years after the ps1 came out and saturn was already dead) and spyro and crash

VS

Virtua fighter 1

Virtua fighter 2

Virtua cop 1

Virtua cop 2

House of the dead

Last bronx

Panzer dragoon

Fighters megamix

Fighting vipers

Daytoooooooooooooooooooona USA

Bug

Manx TT superbike

NIGHTS

Virtual on

So you see, the Saturn had loads of good games that Sega made (emphasis on the words "sega made" there)

Fumanchu said:
RPG said:
Fumanchu said:
RPG said:
Said this once and going to say it again, 360 is half the price and released a year before. NEVER write off the Playstation brand, especially when it is being outsold for a whole 3 months after a huge price cut by the competitor.

Wii has won, PS3 will easily take second place. Trust me on this, as soon as the PS3 gets a price drop and it outsells the 360 it will be "360 is doomed" and all that malarky, it's just a never ending cycle of hate. :(

Gotta ask this, for one strange reason it seems A LOT of people on this forum want the PS3 to die a miserable death. Why?

I wish everyone would stop repeating that ad nausea, sure they may be facts but using them as excuses in Sony's defence is unwarranted as it was something they had control over - besides 1 year head start doesn't translate into Sony will last a year longer and then recoup those sales in the extra year and the price will always be dearer...get used to sounding like a broken record.

But you admit that is a fact, who care if PS3 does not last a year more, it means it got the sales it did after being released a year later. This is the only time I have said such a thing so if that makes me a broken record to you, learn what is meant by that saying. ;)

Are you serious???

Why so serious?

Ah you got me but no, never said that before however my first sentance was not very well thought through.

Ronster316 said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Ronster316 said:

Crash bandicoot? Was he ever any good? I think not.......... as i said they showed us nothing in the development department for 5 years, sure, their hardware was good after ken "thief" kutaragi stole hardware ideas from Nintendo during his time there but the fact remains they showed me nothing for 5 years and got by purely on the strength of the 3rd party games they moneyhatted.

Your hate for sony makes no sense.

Nintendo would have taken sega off as a hardware company at some point anyway, and if they didnt Microsoft certainly would have if sony would have stood out.

Therefore you make no sense at all so in conclusion what the hell?

Thats funny, i know that the SNES beat the Megadrive but Sega were more than holding their own back then, what was Nintendos next machine after the SNES? yup, the N64, for me personally if sony had not gatecrashed the party theres a very strong chance the Sega saturn would have more than held its own against the N64,  Nintendo and Sega both got beat up badly by Sony, yes, the ps1 beat the Saturn and N64 hands down due to Sony coming in all guns blazing and with money to burn........

I have explained this many times....... Microsoft may be doing what sony did back in 1994 but for me it was sony that turned this market in to the dog eat dog world it has become, therefore thats why i don't care anymore who wins...... As long as its not sony.

And maybe your right, maybe Nintendo would have taken Sega out at some stage, but at least they would have won "Fair and square" not with big fat wallets and cheques.

Putting it that way thats true to a large extent.

At anyrate yes sega is great @ making awesome quality games i get your point, but sony in the end did bring us some epic ones aswell, legend of the dragoon(PS1) was infact one of them tis a shame they never continued it.

But as people would say and i Really, REALLY hate this word...its Business...

I understand were your coming from though and i respect your opinion now. for example i wouldnt want Level 5 to take out Square Enix as an epic JRPG company nor would i want MS to take out Sony as a Hardware comapny so both MS and Sony do well at what they do and Level 5 and SE do well at what they do.

In conclusion, ... *sigh* ...

The gap isn't at 7 million yet but almost I'm thinking it will get over 8 million before narrowing again. I don't think the gap is to big for Sony to overcome. The PS3 still has change to outsell the 360 but if the gap gets over 10 million then I think its almost impossible for the PS3 to outsell the 360.

Around the Network
Ronster316 said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
Ronster316 said:

GT 1 and 2.

The Spyro titles.

The Virtua fighters

Sega rally

And for Katuriagi stealing from Nintendo - if they stole from Nintendo, they can't have just copied. After all, they ended up with superior hardware.

Crash bandicoot? spyro the dragon? ha ha ha ha ha come on and naming only 2 saturn games is just sad.

So we have GT 1 & 2 (both 5 years after the ps1 came out and saturn was already dead) and spyro and crash

VS

Virtua fighter 1

Virtua fighter 2

Virtua cop 1

Virtua cop 2

House of the dead

Last bronx

Panzer dragoon

Fighters megamix

Fighting vipers

Bug

Manx TT superbike

NIGHTS

Virtual on

So you see, the Saturn had loads of good games that Sega made (emphasis on the words "sega made" there)

Granted, I missed NIGHTS and House of the Dead. Still, the rest of yours aren't that great, or well known (at least I think so).

I also listed "the Virtua fighters", which was a mistake - should have been "the Virtua games".

You could list the same with the PS games. Note: I don't know the quality of all these games, as I didn't own a PS myself, but just play games at my friend's places and such.

• GT 1 and 2.
  • Crash 1, 2 and 3, Crash Team Racing,
  • The Spyro titles.
  • Legend of Dragoon
  • Hot shots golf series (I'm not going to list all of them downwards like you did. I'll either do them sideways as I did in the other post, or just post "series").
  • Cool Boarders series
  • Wipeout XL (? did they make this)
  • Twisted Metal series
  • Lemmings (? did they make this?)

The reason I didn't bother posting the rest of the titles here, and the titles you posted, is that this makes it a competition regarding the quantity of decent games instead of a competition between great games that people actually bought (other than the people in this discussion).

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Now we wait for Sony to officially announce a price cut at E3.

Oyvoyvoyv said:
Ronster316 said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
Ronster316 said:

GT 1 and 2.

The Spyro titles.

The Virtua fighters

Sega rally

VS

Virtua fighter 1

Virtua fighter 2

Virtua cop 1

Virtua cop 2

House of the dead

Last bronx

Panzer dragoon

Fighters megamix

Fighting vipers

Bug

Manx TT superbike

NIGHTS

Virtual on

Granted, I missed NIGHTS and House of the Dead. Still, the rest of yours aren't that great, or well known (at least I think so).

I also listed "the Virtua fighters", which was a mistake - should have been "the Virtua games".

You could list the same with the PS games. Note: I don't know the quality of all these games, as I didn't own a PS myself, but just play games at my friend's places and such.

• GT 1 and 2.
  • The Spyro titles.
  • Legend of Dragoon
  • Hot shots golf series (I'm not going to list all of them downwards like you did. I'll either do them sideways as I did in the other post, or just post "series").
  • Cool Boarders series
  • Twisted Metal series

The reason I didn't bother posting the rest of the titles here, and the titles you posted, is that this makes it a competition regarding the quantity of decent games instead of a competition between great games that people actually bought (other than the people in this discussion).

But ps1 outlived sega saturn by quite a large amount of time, in fact it outlived the Dreamcast too, so considering this maybe its only fair that i also add some great Dreamcast games to the games that i have already mentioned on the Saturn

Games like

Shenmue

Shenmue 2

Virtua fighter 3

Jet set Radio

Space channel 5

Crazy taxi 1 & 2

Super monkey ball

Sonic adventure

Sonic adventure 2

Confidential mission

Headhunter

Ferrari F355 challenge

Rez

Virtua tennis

Virtua tennis 2

Fighting vipers 2 ect..........

See, and these are only games for Saturn and Dreamcast, and lets not forget that sega made literally hundreds of games for the Megadrive/Genesis

you know

Sonic

Streets of rage

Shinobi

Golden axe

Comix zone

Vectorman

I think you know what i mean

I would be here all day if i had to name every game Sega has ever made.

Ronster316 said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
Ronster316 said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
Ronster316 said:

GT 1 and 2.

The Spyro titles.

The Virtua fighters

Sega rally

VS

Virtua fighter 1

Virtua fighter 2

Virtua cop 1

Virtua cop 2

House of the dead

Last bronx

Panzer dragoon

Fighters megamix

Fighting vipers

Bug

Manx TT superbike

NIGHTS

Virtual on

• GT 1 and 2.
  • The Spyro titles.
  • Legend of Dragoon
  • Cool Boarders series
  • Twisted Metal series

But ps1 outlived sega saturn by quite a large amount of time, in fact it outlived the Dreamcast too, so considering this maybe its only fair that i also add some great Dreamcast games to the games that i have already mentioned on the Saturn

Games like

Shenmue

Shenmue 2

Virtua fighter 3

Jet set Radio

Space channel 5

Crazy taxi 1 & 2

Super monkey ball

Sonic adventure

Sonic adventure 2

Confidential mission

Headhunter

Ferrari F355 challenge

Rez

Virtua tennis

Virtua tennis 2

Fighting vipers 2 ect..........

See, and these are only games for Saturn and Dreamcast, and lets not forget that sega made literally hundreds of games for the Megadrive/Genesis

you know

Sonic

Streets of rage

Shinobi

Golden axe

Comix zone

Vectorman

I think you know what i mean

I would be here all day if i had to name every game Sega has ever made.

Why didnt you quote me to? aww now im sad. v_v

OF ALL THINGS I THINK SONY DESERVES WHAT THEY ARE GOING THROUGHT. JUST REMEMBER HOW THEY USED TO BRAG ABOUT HOW GREAT THEY WERE AND HOW NINTENDO AND MICROSOFT HAD TO FIGHT FOR THE LEFTOVERS. SINCE THE PS2 HAD 20 MILLION SDALES AND NINTENDO AND MICROSOFT HAD ABOUT 4 MILLION SALES WORLDWIDE. NOW SONY DOES NOT SEEM TO CARE ABOUT SALES AND THEY DON´T LIKE TO COMMENT, BUT BACK THEN IT WAS IMPORTANT TO THEM )JUST CAUSE THEY WERE WINING. SO THEY DESERVE IT. HOW CAN SONY COME FROM SELLING OVER 1.5 MILLION A WEEK WITH THE PS2 TO A LITTLE OVER 400,000 ON BLACK FRIDAY. THAT IS JUST EMBARRASING. AND DONT SAY TO LOOK AT THE PRICE POINT. BECAUSE THE WII HAS NOT MADE A PRICE CUT AND IS SELLING MORE. THE PS3 IS SELLING THE SAME. AND THE 360 IS SELLING LESS THAN THE WII EVENTHOUGH IT IS CHEAPER. AND THEY SAY THE WII SUCCESS IS CAUSE OF THE PRICE. THOSE DAYS ARE OVER FACE THE TRUTH