By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - PCs vs. Consoles

Ok lets not get into bashing, all I want is your personal pros. and cons. I know lots of us are PC (or Mac) and Console gamers so we get the best of both but what do you think makes the best ?

PC

Pros:

THE MOUSE

RTS (see mouse)

FPS (again, see mouse)

if you know how, it will save you tonns of time and do loads of work for you

sometimes portable (I also have a Laptop thats great for WC3 and Couterstrike)

has been high dev since the 90s

Cons: 

THE PRICE

constant updating of hard and software (see price)

will break down when in bad mood (well mine does.... I usually can fix it within a day but its nerveracking)

lacks platformers and adventure games...

lacks games that 2-4 players can play on one screen

Consoles:

Pros: 

the Price (compared to a top PC)

no need to update for at least 4-5 years

very easy to use

no installation 

lots games are made specifically for the systems

great one-screen multiplayer games

Cons:

for all the games you need all the consoles 

longer loading times 

stuck with hardware till next genration

some games are hard to play with a gamepad

fanboys 

My personal winner:

Multifunctionality: PC, it does everything 

Gameplay: PC, Mouse and Keyboard are still Nr.1 for FPS and RTS everything else can use a gamepad... lest see if over time the Wii can change this. 

Game selection: Consoles, they have great games form every area of gaming

Graphics: PC, you do the math

Bang for your Buck: Consoles, (somewhat)cheap and a long lifetime

Results: PC winns with a very little advantage over consoles

So what do you think ??? I know I forgot tonns of stuff but those where the things that matter most for me, please don´t give me the same old Console A is da shiznitch or only a platform with game B can be good. Think about your personal Pros and Cons and what you look for in a gaming system, if you don´t like RTSs than they are not a contra point for consoles, if you hate the internet its not a pro for PCs.... 

Around the Network

Sorry. I still this consoles are the best way to play most games. Aside from turn based games like civilization. That's where a PC kicks butt.

I am Daemon. I am the Word.

homelesscarl said:
Sorry. I still this consoles are the best way to play most games. Aside from turn based games like civilization. That's where a PC kicks butt.

Also FPS. Both Half-life and Call of Duty 2 play with much more precision on mouse and keyboard, than 360 controller.

Nothing can really beat the quickness and accessibility of PC for FPS and RTS.

Consoles I Own: NES, SNES, N64, GC, GBA, DS, X360, Wii

Well, The PC has blizzard
Blizzard has the PC
Blizzard ------> PC -------> Blizzard

I definently know what's better.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

homelesscarl said:
Sorry. I still this consoles are the best way to play most games. Aside from turn based games like civilization. That's where a PC kicks butt

How so? PC has better gameplay than consoles in pretty much all genres. FPS, RTS, Adventure, RPG, etc.. except types like Driving sims, where Mouse is not used and the low number of necessary buttons forthe game makes the keyboard lose it's advantage over the Pads.

I'll give my pros and cons:

PC pros:

- Multi-funcionality

- Superior Gameplay

- Professional Gaming's platform

- Superior Online games and play

- Higher support and modding for games

- Superior versions of Cross-platform games 

- Cheaper games

PC cons:

- Price 

- Lack of AAA single-player games

- Increased numbers of dumbed-down versions made for consoles, and bad ports from consoles

- Harder to manage the PC  

Console pros:

- Price

- Variety of AAA titles

- Easy to use

- Better co-op and multi-player

- Not Necessary to update it during it's lifetime

Console cons:

- Games are more expensive (PS3/360)

- Less accurate Gameplay

- Lack of support and modding for games

- Most games have less depth than PC games.

- Graphic limitations on console games.

-Weaker versions of cross-platform games compared to PC versions. 

Around the Network

Only game that Blizzard has thats good is DII

PC rules all

FPS on Consoles are gayyy
RTS on Consoles are gayyy
Thats why Halo wars is going to FAIL (what happen to Halo wars)

PC HAS BETTER ONLINE DUH!!!!

Lots of PC love here, nice, even from the man who has a Mario Avatar. Online is a big factor for lots of PC gamers, not for me though, does anybody think Consoles are really catching up or is the PC online community just to advanced to be reached by consoles ???

Well the PC's games also reduce in price a lot quicker then console games... And the PC was home to one of the greatest fps's ever- Half Life. The PS2 and dreamcast versions just couldn't compare to the PC one. =(

However I'm a console man really, but I'm just saying if your into your PC, their are lot of pro's.

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

El Duderino said:
Lots of PC love here, nice, even from the man who has a Mario Avatar. Online is a big factor for lots of PC gamers, not for me though, does anybody think Consoles are really catching up or is the PC online community just to advanced to be reached by consoles ???

PC still has the advantage of private clan servers for a lot of games. It's not free (unless someone in your clan as their own home server) but then it's only for the seriously dedicated.

In general I'm not a big online player aside from Guild Wars, which I'd never want to attempt playing on a console w/o a mouse + keyboard. And even then, I don't want to sit on my couch with a mouse and keyboard playing a console game. I think RPG, RTS, & FPS are much better suited on the PC. Overall, I'm not the biggest fan of linear JRPGs that frequent consoles.

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

it seems it is always something wrong with a PC when i try playing with it. And Nintendo has games that will never be available on a computer, games that beats anything on PC