By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What will happen when Nintendo reaches 50%....

Nintendo will awaken Wario from his slumber, and send him to Redmond and Tokyo so that he can unleash his flatulent fury, furthering their humiliation

But seriously, doubt their will be much. Big western developers will keep throwing their weight at the PS360, though they will no longer simply ignore Wii, i think. Japanese developers, however, will keep piling the support on. Wii will continue to attract all the low-budget stuff, both good and bad. Nintendo will continue to do whatever it feels like doing, ignoring all criticism (whether it be warranted or no) and putting out games at their own rate

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Cheebee said:
amp316 said:
When Nintendo reaches 50% that will mean that exactly one half of the consoles sold this generation will be Wiis. I have double checked my math and I am fairly certain that this is correct.

After careful examination and consideration, as well as hours of pondering, I came to the exact same conclusion. It is correct.

Err....so  DS and PSP aren't considered as consoles? I know they're handhelds, but c'mon....

I dunno what will happen when Wii reaches 50%. Probably fanboys will spam topics like  "OMG, WII HAZ REACHED 50%!!!" every 5 minutes for some time...

Since Nintendo owing 90% of the American market during the NES era didn't ruin gaming I highly doubt that Nintendo owning over 50% of the world wide market this generation will ruin gaming.

Concentration camps? My grand mother would appreciate this post :/

That was actually pretty funny!

Around the Network

When it happens, hopefully third parties will finally come to their senses and take the Wii seriously, so that the graphics-are-everything dark ages of the last two generations can finally come to an end. Let the gameplay renaissance begin, and with it, a new golden age of gaming.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Dinomax said:

PC fanbase.

You'll be fine.  That Valve train is rolling! 

This is the part that made it obvious your post was fake.  We all know Blizzard is a far, far better gaming company than Valve.

Strategyking92 said:
life goes on, the xbox is going to break even

Yes, your xbox is definitely going to break.

Has anyone seen the robots that the Japanese can build in Red Alert 3? I think they're called mechas. That's Nintendo when they hit 50%.

Currently playing: Wii Fit / The Sims 3

Try  PrizeRebel , it could make you  rich ! I have  $15.80 USD  so far. I  love  BengaBenga' Most Wante lists.
$                     $  $  $                         

whatever said:
Strategyking92 said:
life goes on, the xbox is going to break even

Yes, your xbox is definitely going to break.

Not yet, sucka!

Well, one can always try to bring a console down - even if it has the best library with generation.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive