By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did the DQX announcement change your Kingdom Hearts 3 Predictions?

vdoesntforgive said:
windbane said:

Uh, your bolded statement is not even close. I said FF has better graphics, and it's not developed on PC. The controls are better on consoles and there is less piracy (another argument for PS3 since you can't pirate PS3 games yet, as far as I know). But hey, FF7 was on PC. It's hard to argue for any game being on PC these days. See CoD, Gears of War, etc. Oh, unless you are Blizzard, of course...

Actually, yes. It is hurdy hurr hurr.

But yes, this post right hear makes alot more sense than everything you've been saying up 'til this point.

The reason I asked you why it wasn't going to be a PC game is because I was trying to get to the most important point (which you seemed to dance around): No matter how good the game would look, they'd make less money. Now you could argue putting it on the PS3/360 will get it as close to Pixar like films as possible all you want, the majority of people arguing this will tell you that "we don't really care.", "these consoles haven't proven themselves viable markets for JRPG's." (they will have by the time KH3 is announced, though), "Kingdom Hearts target demographic is elsewhere."

In the end, that's what it comes down to, not how much you believe Nomura want's to put 100,000 polygons in Kairi nose.

I bet the game doesn't even release before the first next gen console is out.

Pixar movies, I forgot about that aspect of it...I'd want them at least look as good as Ratchet.  I don't think they'd make less money.  A lot of people might have to get an HD console, though.  As for the people saying "these consoles haven't problem themselves viable markets for JRPGs" claim, that's funny because the Wii doesn't even have any.

You could be right about it not even releasing this generation.  I'd be surprised because that's a long time and they are setting it up with the DS and PSP versions.

Around the Network

"because the Wii doesn't even have any."

Tales of Symphonia 2, Dragon Quest Swords (side story, but still sold a lot). So if you can't even get that fact right, no wonder you think people care if KH pushes graphics.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

windbane said:

Pixar movies, I forgot about that aspect of it...I'd want them at least look as good as Ratchet.  I don't think they'd make less money.  A lot of people might have to get an HD console, though.  As for the people saying "these consoles haven't problem themselves viable markets for JRPGs" claim, that's funny because the Wii doesn't even have any.

You could be right about it not even releasing this generation.  I'd be surprised because that's a long time and they are setting it up with the DS and PSP versions.

Exactly.

Where as the 360 has had plenty of chances to prove itself with games like Infinite Undiscovery, The Last Remnant, Tales, Lost Oddyssey. Yet, None of them have done particularly well.

With Dragon Quest X being announced for Wii and Monster Hunter 3 coming out next year, having almost every single RPG fan in Japan owning a wii is pretty much a sure thing. But like I said, by the time KH3 is announced the ps3/360 will have FF13. It can go either way.

vdoesntforgive said:
windbane said:

Pixar movies, I forgot about that aspect of it...I'd want them at least look as good as Ratchet. I don't think they'd make less money. A lot of people might have to get an HD console, though. As for the people saying "these consoles haven't problem themselves viable markets for JRPGs" claim, that's funny because the Wii doesn't even have any.

You could be right about it not even releasing this generation. I'd be surprised because that's a long time and they are setting it up with the DS and PSP versions.

Exactly.

Where as the 360 has had plenty of chances to prove itself with games like Infinite Undiscovery, The Last Remnant, Tales, Lost Oddyssey. Yet, None of them have done particularly well.

With Dragon Quest X being announced for Wii and Monster Hunter 3 coming out next year, having almost every single RPG fan in Japan owning a wii is pretty much a sure thing. But like I said, by the time KH3 is announced the ps3/360 will have FF13. It can go either way.

Yeah, but the highest reviewed game out of those 3 was 78.  Western RPGs are selling great, including Fable, Oblivion, and Fallout.  White Knight Chronicles/Story is coming, and so is FF13.  FF sells better than DQ in EU and US, and just as well in Japan.  So, whether KH is considered a western game (action RPG and Disney characters), or a FF franchise, it will sell very well on PS3 and 360.

windbane said:

Just for your interest: next year's Wii RPG line-up. Combine this with the DQX announcement and new Tales and I think it's quite a possibility that JRPG gamers will flock to Wii. 

RPG

Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon

Muramasa: Demon Blade

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearer

Kizuna

Dynamic Slash

Little King Story

Rune Factory: Frontier

Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI

Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga

Monster Hunter 3

Arc Rise Fantasia

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
"because the Wii doesn't even have any."

Tales of Symphonia 2, Dragon Quest Swords (side story, but still sold a lot). So if you can't even get that fact right, no wonder you think people care if KH pushes graphics.

Hah, touche. I forgot Tales just came out. Solid 66 on metacritic and sold .34 mil. Swords sold .74 mil if you do count that as a JRPG. So, no good JRPGs yet.

That has nothing to do with the fact that people care if KH is in HD. A lot of people do, including myself. Wanting it to be in HD has nothing to do with my main reason it won't be on Wii, either.

Btw, you can retract your "try again" statement any time up there, since the data shows I don't need to.

Edit: thanks for that list, Benga Benga. Like I said above, though, western RPGs are doing just fine in HD, and Kingdom Hearts sells like a western RPG because of Disney. I left out Mass Effect above, too.

windbane said:
vdoesntforgive said:
windbane said:

Pixar movies, I forgot about that aspect of it...I'd want them at least look as good as Ratchet. I don't think they'd make less money. A lot of people might have to get an HD console, though. As for the people saying "these consoles haven't problem themselves viable markets for JRPGs" claim, that's funny because the Wii doesn't even have any.

You could be right about it not even releasing this generation. I'd be surprised because that's a long time and they are setting it up with the DS and PSP versions.

Exactly.

Yeah, but the highest reviewed game out of those 3 was 78.  Western RPGs are selling great, including Fable, Oblivion, and Fallout.  White Knight Chronicles/Story is coming, and so is FF13.  FF sells better than DQ in EU and US, and just as well in Japan.  So, whether KH is considered a western game (action RPG and Disney characters), or a FF franchise, it will sell very well on PS3 and 360.

Kingdom Hearts is the type of franchise that would sell no matter which console it ended up on. No one here is saying IT WON'T SELL on the 360/PS3. Like I've been saying, it can still go either way.  It's just that the Wii has the sort of demographic to expand on the existing fanbase, I believe.

As for considering KH a western sort of franchise; I wouldn't. I'd call it a game that has final fantasy and disney characters in it. WORLD WIDE, BABY!

I dont have high hopes for WKC outside of Japan. I'll be trying it out, though.

Benga: I thought Dynamic Slash was an action game, ala GDF/EDF?

Square-enix has really let themselves go, the quality of their games have slowly began to slouch in contrast to past instalments and ingenuity. After KH2, I'm not terribly excited about the next instalment and see the value of this game more as bragging rights than anything else.

While the Wii seems like a sound choice, its unlikely we'll see this game by generation's end and the 360 remains a wild card in determining focus of software sales in America.

Only Square-Enix's apparent affinity for Sony could act as a deciding factor in the PS3 ever seeing this title. Right now the Wii is the only viable Japanese console.

Benga: I thought Dynamic Slash was an action game, ala GDF/EDF?

It's supposedly an ARPG. (Like KH, lol)

Following this thread, I believe a new noun should be in place to describe these people, because the verb associated with gamer (gaming) doesn't match what is happening here.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D