By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN: White knight Chronicles to have built-in Social Networking Service

Undying

JRPGs are not MMOs, they are meant to be solo experiances. This concept of friends joining you and playing with you in a JRPG is disgusting. It barly worked in The tales games. In those game one person moves the game along while the other assumes the role of an NPC in battle.

I've presented my case and i do not much care to argue it with you guys. I'm sure WKC will have a wonderful single player campaign...too bad that they are wasting energy and resources on an asinine gimmick such as social networking.

ouch......Is someone scared to be social?

DeotoxSlayer said:

There's no Microphone support if that's a plus for you.

Now that's just bad.

Anyways....I hope this game turns out to be good. Been ages since I've played a good long-lasting RPG on a console. If done right, the networking thing could be awesome. I also still haven't played a single JRPG so maybe this will be a first....

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

Around the Network
Undying said:
Riachu said:
outlawauron said:
Undying said:
outlawauron said:
Undying said:
JRPGs should not, and i repeat SHOULD NOT, have "social networking".

Why not? You don't like talking to your friends and planning attacks while you quest?

No.

I asked why. I don't understand why anyone would just reject the idea of playing a JRPG with your friends. Nearly every Tales game has this same feature, just offline.

He's just afraid of change.  These people always complain that JRPGs don't change.  When they do, are they happy? No, they complain some more.  I personally find pretty much every decision choice for WKC ranging from the battle system only using the X button to having an online mode to be pretty smart choices.

As much as Obama would lead you to believe, change is not always good.

JRPGs are not MMOs, they are meant to be solo experiances. This concept of friends joining you and playing with you in a JRPG is disgusting. It barly worked in The tales games. In those game one person moves the game along while the other assumes the role of an NPC in battle.

I've presented my case and i do not much care to argue it with you guys. I'm sure WKC will have a wonderful single player campaign...too bad that they are wasting energy and resources on an asinine gimmick such as social networking.

There we go! That's the real answer. You'd rather they not spend time on multiplayer.

And I think Obama is an idiot, so try to use that argument against me.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Undying said:
Riachu said:
outlawauron said:
Undying said:
outlawauron said:
Undying said:
JRPGs should not, and i repeat SHOULD NOT, have "social networking".

Why not? You don't like talking to your friends and planning attacks while you quest?

No.

I asked why. I don't understand why anyone would just reject the idea of playing a JRPG with your friends. Nearly every Tales game has this same feature, just offline.

He's just afraid of change.  These people always complain that JRPGs don't change.  When they do, are they happy? No, they complain some more.  I personally find pretty much every decision choice for WKC ranging from the battle system only using the X button to having an online mode to be pretty smart choices.

As much as Obama would lead you to believe, change is not always good.

There we go! That's the real answer. You'd rather they not spend time on multiplayer.

And I think Obama is an idiot, so try to use that argument against me.

Me too

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press

People who say Obama is an idiot are an idiot for themselves

*glad to be Dutch*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

*~Onna76~* said:

People who say Obama is an idiot are an idiot for themselves

*glad to be Dutch*

I don't reallly comment on foreign and their politics, but I have my reasons for not liking him.

Around the Network

As long as they are legitimate (and not "I vote for McCain because i'm a woman and Sarah Palin is the VP candidate", or "I vote for Obama because i'm black", by that logic he could vote for Snoop Dogg if he was a candidate)...

The Anarchyz said:
As long as they are legitimate (and not "I vote for McCain because i'm a woman and Sarah Palin is the VP candidate", or "I vote for Obama because i'm black", by that logic he could vote for Snoop Dogg if he was a candidate)...

I cant stand people who voted for the candidates for those reasons, thats just ignorant

Its because the Americans have such a habit to interfere with international affairs, or we in Europe for instance wouldn't give a rats who became president of the US, honestly.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

I´d personally love to play a JRPG with friends. Not a MMO, don´t like them, but a JRPG and WRPG with multiplayer features should be a very nice addition.

*~Onna76~* said:
Its because the Americans have such a habit to interfere with international affairs, or we in Europe for instance wouldn't give a rats who became president of the US, honestly.

And Obama won't change that at all. Blame the democratic house and senate.