By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
dolemit3 said:
Why such drops, isn't December 2x November?

The week after BF is usually a bit of a hang over. next week should be back above BF numbers, and the big week will be 30-40% bigger.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network
StanGable said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Ps3 isn't terribly disappointing....but I feel its unfair to expect huge things from it at this price point for which it has been at for greater than 12 Months.

360 is doing magnificent & deservedly so....its a great value at $199

I await the SW numbers now

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Sony say that people would be willing to pay the price of the PS3 just because it came with everything that the 360 doesn't? If so, it FAR from unfair to expect HUGE SALES from them

Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't 350k people willing to buy a Ps3 this week? If so, YOU are trolling

StanGable said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Ps3 isn't terribly disappointing....but I feel its unfair to expect huge things from it at this price point for which it has been at for greater than 12 Months.

360 is doing magnificent & deservedly so....its a great value at $199

I await the SW numbers now

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Sony say that people would be willing to pay the price of the PS3 just because it came with everything that the 360 doesn't? If so, it FAR from unfair to expect HUGE SALES from them

who are you trying to fool.

You have suddenly started believeing SONY PR now stangable?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Max King of the Wild said:
dolemit3 said:

Looks like more people are trying to save money and did all their shopping wit the sales. Last year it just kept increasing (for all systems) after BF.

no. sales dropped year. I just looked into this a day or 2 ago. it was a 25-30% drop.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Actually I'll do a slight correction. I predict around 46 million Wiis by the end of the year instead.

52 - 2.4 *3 * 75% = 46.6

- Nintendo forecasts 52m by March 2009.
- Production is at 2.4m per month in normal months.
- Due to stockpiling, they usually sell around 75% of production in normal months.
- Add some hundred thousands due to higher production in Nov/Dec as per Nintendo's announcement.
- Subtract a certain amount due to the difference between shipped/sold.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
The PS3 has now outsold the 360 by only 35000 this year to date...

So 360 should outsell PS3 by around a million in whole of 2008.

And I still think it will have a bigger year next year. "3rd year is always a consoles best year" - not this time around

Its usually its peak year.

360 sales last year dropped 37%, and this years its pretty much the same. Then picked up again

@Stan

No its not, when you have a competitor, that started loosing market share to the PS3, they cut the price to extreemly cheap proportions, the 360 is $199, and in europe in some places its as cheap if not cheaper than the "DS"(which is $129.99 in the U.S for comparison), compared to a $399.99 console, and extreemly more expensive in both japan, and europe, you wouldnt expect the PS3 to outsell something that is beyond cheap.. add to that we are in a recession, you think people have the $$$$ to waste 400-500 dollars on a video game console?

There are several other factors that add to the lowered demand for the PS3, but arent as major as the PRICE. But I will say one anyway, the Media has destroyed the playstation brand. Its recognition is damaged beyond repair, every video game site its an attack after an attack, go to youtube, if you would dare, you can find TONS of ps3 "sucks" videos, there are 360/wii ones as well, but are a minority compared to the amount of attacks seen agains the ps3 and sony. Remember the "Skinny girl vs Fat girl" comparison? Who do you think made that ad? Btw.. Im not going to make a huge argument, Im sure you will all just say "But your a fanboy, but this, but that," when its true, the media HATES the console, its hurt the brand, the Price is extreemly high, and Microsoft continuesly takes system sellers from the PS3, and continues to drop the 360's price, so that sony has no chance to outsell the competitor.

mM
bigjon said:
Max King of the Wild said:
dolemit3 said:

Looks like more people are trying to save money and did all their shopping wit the sales. Last year it just kept increasing (for all systems) after BF.

no. sales dropped year. I just looked into this a day or 2 ago. it was a 25-30% drop.

Hardware:

Console Weekly Total
1,311,631 (-4%) 57,243,052
684,592 (+2%) 15,613,322
384,764 (-4%) 27,752,567
369,073 (+3%) 6,839,733
338,721 (-16%) 114,112,601
326,724 (-22%) 14,001,431
53,636 (-27%) 79,236,826
3,848 (-29%) 21,493,902
Total 3,472,989

Ps3 and Wii increased last year week after 360, DS, GBA, PS2, PSP, GC all decreased.

@kowenicki

this gen everything has changed.....I won't be surprised if PS3's peak year is as late as its own Year 4 or Year 5

If we have learnt anything....its to expect anything now

a year & a half ago it felt like PS3 would never overcome 360's lead & would do horrible

6 Months ago it felt like PS3 would overcome 360's lead

TODAY -- it feels like Ps3 has lost the HD war & will never catch up

6 Months - 1 Year later.....who knows what will happen.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey