By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Good DS, Wii and 360 numbers. The Playstation family is meh.

Around the Network

Do people still think the Wii will pull off 45 million before years end?
PS3 numbers are horrid this christmas season, the financial crisis is taking its toll on the most costly competitor it seems.

With American Numbers the Wii is up to 48.5%

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Mummelmann said:
Do people still think the Wii will pull off 45 million before years end?
PS3 numbers are horrid this christmas season, the financial crisis is taking its toll on the most costly competitor it seems.

Yes I do, especially since Nintendo announced they temporarily upped production in November/December.

Nintendo's shipment forecasts combined with the fact above point to 45-46 million shipped by the end of the year, so sales will be near 45 million.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

@NJ5

Wii has an excuse.....its a sellout....its sales are related to supply simply....demand is just always there.

for PS3 I feel economic crisis + same price point + as you said much more price point than 360 = average sales.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
dolemit3 said:
Why such drops, isn't December 2x November?

The week after Black Friday numbers in the US drops, and then picks up the next few weeks leading to the holiday

The problem with the PS3 is not the price. Is the value that people see on the consoles to play games.

Why buy a $400 console when a $200 console play almost the same games?

It would be different if the PS3 was vastly superior to the 360 to play games, but that's not the case.

cool, Wii and DS hit 40 million and 90 million respectively , great sales for xbox 360 as well

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
darthdevidem01 said:
Ps3 isn't terribly disappointing....but I feel its unfair to expect huge things from it at this price point for which it has been at for greater than 12 Months.

360 is doing magnificent & deservedly so....its a great value at $199

I await the SW numbers now

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Sony say that people would be willing to pay the price of the PS3 just because it came with everything that the 360 doesn't? If so, it FAR from unfair to expect HUGE SALES from them

What are you looking at, nerd?
dolemit3 said:
Why such drops, isn't December 2x November?

Looks like more people are trying to save money and did all their shopping wit the sales. Last year it just kept increasing (for all systems) after BF.