By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The glaring flaw in LBP that caused me to trade it in last night.

I had a lot of fun with this game having sunk approx. 10 hrs. into the single player, 10 into playing other people's levels & 15 making my own level.  There's 1 significant flaw, however, that people overlook.  It's damn hard to get any sort of exposure for your level & get anyone to play it.  I'm not talking about getting hearts since those obviously need to be earned.  I'm talking about simply getting plays.  Last check after approx. 1 month, I had a total of 13 plays on my level.  I'm sure the problem is that there are simply so many levels out there that most people only play those levels that already have a lot of plays and/or hearts.  Few people go looking for those hidden gems that few people have played yet.  I was not willing to spend another dozen or more hours creating another level just to get a handful of plays.  Don't chime in and say, "Your level must suck.  That's why nobody plays it."  How does anyone know wether it sucks or not if barely anybody's played it?  The biggest draw for me in LBP was the level creation and that killed it for me.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

Around the Network

well...did you say something on here about your level?...perhaps something like asking some people to play it?

or...make a video of it and post it on youtube?

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Tell your friends to play it.... advertise it here

Then don't create levels. Just play other people's levels. Problem solved!

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

All I do is play other people levels.....its so fun ! and neverending!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

I agree, there should be a "RECENTLY CREATED LEVELS" or something, Buzz has that, so should LBP.

you said something negative, you're obviously the one in the wrong. Let's all play together now!

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

I know what you mean,but i still wouldnt trade it in. I just republished my level every once in awhile,and one of my levels has a couple thousand plays.

I mentioned my level on the LBP thread on this board as well as on several threads on Gamefaqs. Anyway, I got good value and playtime from it. Now I picked up Dead Space.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

You should be able to see levels based on amount of plays so people will try the boards with low numbers.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling