By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 3 360 to be 400 dollars and it's a premium with an HDMI port

Umm.

What about the 50 DS colors, or 50 limited edition variations of every console?

The H3 model is a limited-time thing. Nothing more. Once it's gone, it's gone. For all we know, more SKUs could die once the Falcon comes around.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

Yes I assumed that the special edition would come with a copy of the Halo 3 game. That would have been logical. Why have a game themed console and not include the game that it is themed on. Had the game came with the model then you might have been justified in thinking you got a reasonable deal. However without it you realize your going to pay a lot of money. Especially considering you do not have to.

You can buy the two low end models and save fifty dollars or eighty dollars. The savings can cover the cost of the game you supposedly covet. When you factor in sales tax that makes a huge difference. Further more it makes you wonder what the hell the price cut was for in the first place. Microsoft seems to think this special sku is a great value.

This one decision is going to cost them a lot of sales they could have had if they had done the logical thing. They may still change their minds, or they might intend to offer the game free with the sku later. Who can be sure, but right now it looks like an expensive paint job, and your not getting the house with it.

Not worth it =)

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

@ mrstickball

At least the DS colours don't cost more.

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

I would suspect the Halo edition is the new falcon since the HDMI port would necessarily change the motherboard -- if ever so slightly. I'd bet big bux that the Halo 3 premium will be the new falcon...

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network

I don't get what some people are complaining about. It's definitely far less complicated than say buying a tv which has different techologies, resolutions, etc, and computers which have many different cpus, gpus, etc. Even iPods with different models and depending on which you look for can have different flash ram sizes, different harddrive sizes, different colors, etc. So why is it bad for Microsoft to do the same thing and offer people choices?

It's just the first console to really do it, so it's a bit different for videogames I guess...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Well if they would package the 120 GB HDD in it...It would be worth the $400 they are asking..

ckmlb said:
So it's gonna be 50 extra bucks for the special color and the hdmi port. Unless you're a big Halo 3 fan, doesn't sound like a good deal to me.

I am a big Halo fan.  Not worth it.

One could only imagine how well these suckers would sell if they through in a copy of Halo 3 though.  Seems like a winning strategy to me.  :shrugs:

Everyone of those Halo 360 will sell which means theirs a market for it so I don't think MS cares if some people think it's stupid our a bad idea to release it.